VERB Interactive has recently been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers, one of Nova Scotia’s Top Employers and as of today, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for 2022 by Mediacorp Canada Inc., the nation’s largest publisher of employment periodicals.
“These awards represent the best of the best of employee culture programs and we are honoured to have been recognized as leaders,” said Andy MacLellan, CEO of VERB Interactive. “Our success is driven by everyone on our team, and we are committed to providing a workplace that supports their growth and development, while fostering diversity, inclusivity, and engagement.”
Editors at Mediacorp grade employers on eight criteria, which have remained consistent since the project’s inception: (1) Physical Workplace; (2) Work Atmosphere & Social; (3) Health, Financial & Family Benefits; (4) Vacation & Time Off; (5) Employee Communications; (6) Performance Management; (7) Training & Skills Development; and (8) Community Involvement.
Here are some of the reasons why VERB Interactive Inc. was selected as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers (2022), Nova Scotia’s Top Employers (2022) and one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers (2022):
- VERB Interactive’s health benefits plan includes a health spending account as well as a dedicated mental health practitioner benefit — the company also supports a partnership with the Canadian Mental Health Association, providing access to an online portal and participation in the national Not Myself Today awareness campaign
- VERB Interactive offers its experienced employees four weeks of paid vacation along with additional time off over the Christmas holiday season (up to five days) — this year, due to the pandemic, employees were also given a day off in April, May and June to “do something that makes them happy”
- VERB Interactive encourages employees to recruit their friends with new employee referral bonuses, to $500 for each successful hire
- VERB Interactive encourages a family-friendly environment, providing maternity leave top-up to new mothers (to 93 per cent of salary for up to six weeks) as well as the ability to juggle day-to-day responsibilities with flexible work hours and choice of environment (at home, outside of the country or in the office)
- VERB Interactive offers a health spending account of $500 per year as part of the company’s benefits plan, providing a little flexibility to top up coverage as needed