This 90-minute session with Dan MacLeod from Dunvegan Loyalty Builders is for businesses that need to use data to make decisions. As a group we will discuss the difficulties of accessing, linking, and reporting from all of your sources of data. There will be a demonstration of the speed and functionality of the Power Tools that Microsoft has built into Excel and Power BI (Business Intelligence) Desktop. The Power Tools are used to build Interactive Reports from scratch. Interactive Reports offer a shorter, straighter pathway to improve the efficiency and accuracy of your business. The best part is that Excel is on most computers, and experienced staff can quickly learn to use the Power Tools that are free in many of the current versions of Excel. Power BI Desktop is available as a free version that is very robust and suitable for most businesses, plus a subscription version for very large users.
Participants will learn about:
- Powerful tools built into Excel
- What can be accomplished with the free version of Microsoft BI Desktop
- How to construct a Pivot Table to view data and drill down into the details
- How data can be placed on an interactive map; view your results geographically
- Interactive reports that can be easily updated when new information arrives
- Use an Excel tool to extract, combine, transform, and load information from various sources into reports that are easily updated when new information arrives
About Dan MacLeod
Dan MacLeod was a Senior Sales Manager with MT&T (now Bell Aliant) who was responsible for sales force automation. He introduced Cognos business intelligence software to MT&T. For the past 15 years, Dan has co-owned a consulting/training business: he contracts part-time to train automobile dealerships on process improvement in Sales and Service, and with JD Power & Associates to evaluate automotive dealerships; he has written and delivered a national automotive accessories sales process for Ford and another for Toyota. Along with his business partner, Ken, he has delivered Business Intelligence training and consulting to government, businesses and charities in Canada.
Dan has been using Power BI tools in Excel since 2012. His focus is on the practical aspects: use your numbers to improve and grow your business!