- This event has passed.
Proposal Writing Workshop
March 23 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm ADT
The Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce offers free training opportunities sponsored through Labour and Advanced Education and their Workplace Education Initiative. This initiative promotes learning at work and supports the development of your workers by increasing their workplace skills.
This course provides the framework for you to produce the proposal that you need to get your idea off the ground. You will be producing your proposal over the ten weeks of the course. Each week will feature an instruction session, but the majority of course time will be devoted to your in-class, hands-on proposal development. You will be finding the funders you need to target, honing and shaping your ideas, writing, editing, and presenting your project in a way that makes its merits shine. By the end of the course, you will be ready to send off your proposal.
- Identify the different kinds of proposals and the various sources of requests for proposals
- Understand how to structure an effective proposal and assemble persuasive evidence
- Learn and practice ways to overcome barriers to writing
- Explore and practice the persuasive power of plain language
- Be able to identify and apply universal principles of ethical persuasion
- Practice how to edit their own writing to make it clear and polished
- Learn and practice how to give and receive feedback in a way that is both useful and considerate
- Learn ways to make their spoken presentations more powerful