Join us for our virtual discussion to learn from global industry experts about opportunities to solve major ocean sector problems.
The Ocean Startup Challenge will be awarding $1.4 Million in 2021 to start and grow new ocean tech companies in Canada. We are launching this challenge with a six-part series of industry-led presentations and interactive networking sessions.
This speaker series will bring together ocean industry experts in shipping and transportation, fisheries and aquaculture, naval and defence, energy and marine bio-resources. In this series industry experts will discuss the challenges that each of their sectors is facing, highlight the opportunities in the market, and share other insights into their respective fields.
On January 12 from 1-2:30 AST Part 1 of the virtual dialogue series, Sustainability in our oceans will use a fully interactive online platform that will allow you to network with the speakers in the rooms of your choice.
You’ll hear from:
- Diane Morrison, Managing Director at Mowi Canada West
- Steve Emberley, Subsurface Manager, Oil and Gas Operations at Nalcor Energy
- Allison Nolting, Head, Atlantic Research Centre at Defence Research and Development Canada
- David Bolduc, Executive Director at Green Marine Management Corporation
- Beth Mason CEO at Verschuren Center for Sustainability in Energy & Environment
1:00- Panel discussion
Each of our 5 guest speakers will be giving a 5-minute presentation about their industry’s big problems, trends, new technologies, and innovative actions they are taking.
1:30- Interactive networking session
The interactive networking session will allow you to:
- Speak with panelists in individual rooms
- Choose when you want to change rooms and speak with another panelist
2:30- Event concludes
We have big plans for 2021! We’ll be hosting a series of discussions focused on each of the five sectors to dive deep into market challenges and how innovative thinkers like you can solve them. Following each of the discussions, we will be using Wonder to host interactive and engaging networking sessions that allow you to choose your own networking adventure.
More details to come!
- January 26: Transportation
- February 9: Fisheries & Aquaculture
- February 23: Naval & Defence
- March 9: Energy
- March 23: Marine Bioproducts