- This event has passed.
Entrepreneur Success Stories
February 8 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm AST
Welcome to “Entrepreneur Success Stories,” where every month successful entrepreneurs from Nova Scotia share their entrepreneurial stories! Come to these sessions to learn how other entrepreneurs started out, what their journeys were like, and what challenges they overcame to find business success.
This month, join Mufaro Chakabuda. She is the founder and CEO of the Maritime Centre for African Dance Inc., the President of Chaks Publishing House, and the President of masteps.com. In this session, learn how Mufaro started her business with less than $20 and about her initial struggles and success.
In this session, Mufaro will talk about:
- Getting to Canada
- How and where she started her business journey
- Overcoming resistance – telling her story about starting with $19.50 to scaling internationally
- Building something out of nothing , with her perspective as a black, female immigrant
- Crossing borders and scaling from a local Business to an international business
- Creating an ARTS business – “Artrepreneurship” – and building value in your craft
To attend this session, you must:
- Be an ISANS business client
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level of 5+