- This event has passed.
Diversity and Inclusion Insights: Imagining (and creating) more equitable workplaces
September 28 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm ADT
As we begin our 30th year, Women in Communications and Technology believes that true diversity is an achievable goal. The importance of diversity in the workplace has never been greater, and more and more individuals and companies are taking action to build better organizations.
Don’t let this moment pass you (and your organization) by. Register today for our interactive forum on September 28 to take the next step towards achieving true diversity.
This event is for you if:
- You want to learn more about how diversity impacts business outcomes.
- You’re a DEI or HR professional looking to connect and learn from others in your field.
- You’re a WCT member (register now for free if you are!) and you’re committed to DEI no matter your role or sector.
- You’re a leader in your organization who wants to know how to build better, more inclusive workspaces.
We are proud to partner with Cisco to bring this event to life virtually.
Keynote speaker: Ginella Massa, host of CBC News’ Canada Tonight with Ginella Massa, in conversation with Willa Black, Cisco Canada’s Vice-President, Corporate Affairs.
How Diversity Delivers Business Results | 12:45-1:30 EST
In this panel, you’ll learn:
• The impact of culture of diversity in a talent war
• How diversity produces better decision-making and governance
• And the answer to the question: does diversity ever happen by accident?
Chameli Naraine, President & CEO, Symcor
Monika Ille, CEO, APTN
In conversation with: Shannon Leininger, President, Cisco Canada
Making it Real. Keeping it Real | 1:30-2:15 EST
In this session you’ll learn:
- how to build a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture in your organization
- the business benefits of that culture
- and how to take action for greater inclusion
Minelli Clements, CEO/Founder, Lorcan
Fiona Gao, Sr. Director of Marketing Strategy, Partnerships & Analytics, Moneris Solutions
Sky Bridges, CEO, Winnipeg Foundation
Stephanie Byard, Director, Media Sales and Head of Agency, Rogers Sports Media
Pelra Azondekon, Director of Corporate Venture Capital for Quebecor
Moderator: Saba Shariff, Head New Product Development & Corporate Strategy, Symcor
DE&I Best Practices Swap Meet | 2:15-3:00 EST
In this panel, you’ll learn:
- Why a diverse leadership team is important
- How to collect data to inform HR and DEI best practices
- How to begin an initiative for greater inclusion on your organization
Starrlee DeGrace, Co- Leader, IBM Canada Indigenous ERG
Jenn Rideout, Cisco Canada
Liette Vigneault, Vice President, Talent and Employee Experience, Cogeco
Jeremy Holland, Employer Services Manager, Prospect Human Services
Moderator: Cheryl Fullerton, WCT Chair (EVP People and Communications, Corus)Register