- This event has passed.
Closing the Wage Gap – Empowering Women in Tech to Negotiate Equal Pay
November 24, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm AST
Women are still earning 13.3% less than their male counterparts; it’s time to close the wage gap, negotiate + receive equal pay.
Since 1998, the wage gap has only decreased by five-and-a-half per cent, leaving women in Canada currently earning 13.3 per cent less than their male counterparts. The issue of pay equity is complex, with many influencing factors, particularly in male-dominated fields such as technology.
Only a portion of the wage gap can be explained by measurable impacts such as education, occupational distribution, part-time work and work interruption. Other factors are more difficult to measure and make up the unexplained portion of pay inequity.
On Tuesday, November 24, beginning at 4:00pm, join Genevieve MacInnis and Volta, to learn:
- how to negotiate a fair salary
- to ask your employer for a raise
- how to recognize gender biases in the workplace, and better understand how they impact pay
- how societal pressures influence behaviours and can put women at a pay disadvantage
- the importance of setting clear boundaries and expectations