At Digital Nova Scotia we have so many fantastic programs on the go, and in order to ensure they all succeed, we need fantastic people working behind the scenes – that’s why we’d like to welcome our new Project Coordinator, Hannah Edgar to the team. Planning, leading and driving projects, Hannah will be working across Nova Scotia, so if you see her at an upcoming event – be sure to say hello!
Hannah holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Mount Saint Vincent University, where she graduated in 2015 with a Major in Communications and a Minor in Business Administration. During her time at the Mount, Hannah joined the recruitment team, welcoming prospective and new students onto campus – it was there that she found her knack for relationship-building, which she now brings to Digital Nova Scotia. Once she finished her degree, Hannah followed her passion for traveling and spent several years abroad living and working in both Australia and New Zealand.
The world of digital is not new to Hannah, her roles in digital production studios have given her a broad range of skills from project coordination and internal communications to content creation and training. When she’s not in the office, you can find Hannah spending time with family or out exploring new areas by bike or kayak.
We asked Hannah a few quick questions so that we could all get to know her a little better:
- Hannah, can you tell us about yourself?
- I have recently moved back to the province and am excited to be back in Halifax. I love being involved in the community and staying busy with different activities. My most recent obsession is ParkRun, a community organized 5k that happens every week!
- You’re jumping into a project coordinator role, what are you most excited for?
- I’m really looking forward to connecting with other members of the tech community and learning more about the amazing work that is being done in the sector.
- Speaking of the tech sector – it’s AMAZING, what drew you to want to work with this thriving industry?
- I think what excites me the most about the tech sector in Nova Scotia is how diverse the work is – no day is different!
- So, you’ve had a day with us, what was the best bit?
- Getting to meet everyone on the DNS team – everyone has been so welcoming!
- What three words would you use to describe yourself?
- Outgoing, inquisitive, driven
- What’s something you’re really interested in that might surprise us?
- It surprises a lot of people to learn that I spent my gap year training at a comedy school in Chicago. I actually love to perform!
- If you were given a plane ticket to anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be?
- I would love to see more of South America, with Santiago being my first stop!
Spring or fall? Fall!
Android or iPhone? Android
Comedy or thriller? Comedy
Coffee or tea? Coffee
Early bird or night owl? Night owl
Laptop or desktop? Laptop
Breakfast or dinner? Breakfast for dinner!
Ocean or lake? Lake
Welcome to the team, Hannah!