Now more than ever, building resiliency and sustainability in your business is important. As Canadian businesses continue to face the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, Global Affairs Canada through its Trade Commissioner Service wants to support the mobilization of first-time and experienced exporters.
South Korea is the fourth-largest economy in Asia and Canada’s seventh-largest overall merchandise trading partner. South Korea is an interesting market for innovative Canadian companies looking to expand to Asia though business or research and development (R&D) partnerships because of its:
- advanced information and communications technologies (ICT) infrastructure
- high-level of spending on R&D
- innovation-driven and highly connected society
The Canada-Korea Free Trade Agreement (CKFTA), Canada’s first bilateral free trade agreement in the Asia-Pacific region, puts Canadian companies on a level playing field against key competitors in the South Korean market. The Agreement opens market access for Canadian exporters and investors by removing duties on nearly all tariff lines. Since its entry into force in January 2015, Canadian two-way merchandise trade with South Korea increased by 32.8% from 2014, and reached $15.2 Billion in 2019.
If you want to know more about business opportunities in South Korea and the benefits of CKFTA, join the Honourable Mary Ng, Minister of Small Business, Export Promotion and International Trade, on a virtual Trade Mission to South Korea.
- Learn about export services and funding programs
- Hear from fellow Canadian entrepreneurs who have had success expanding internationally and doing business in South Korea
- The virtual format of this trade mission provides a low-risk, low-cost option to explore a new market
- Learn about the benefits of the CKFTA
- The Korean market offers interesting business opportunities, particularly in sectors like agri-food, ICT, clean tech, life sciences, and education
This program is free to participate in, applications end on October 23rd, 2020. Apply Today!