CGI is offering an exciting opportunity as a Power BI Developer in a digital environment. As a member of CGI’s national data practice providing retail banking solutions and services to credit unions, you will be joining an experienced and dynamic team of global IT professionals serving our clients across Canada and the world.
The financial industry is in the midst of dramatic change and credit unions are challenged with finding faster, more innovative ways of providing solutions and services to their customers who have more alternatives than ever before. Digital transformation and digital services are disrupting traditional financial institutions, instead offering businesses and households access to services that are customized specifically to personalized needs and wants of the end consumer. Omni-channel experience, mobile self-service, predictive analytics, data governance, robotic process automation, FinTech partnerships, and open banking requirements have turned the banking industry on its head. Staying relevant is key while customer retention and growth has never been more challenging. Our clients are turning to CGI to help them remodel their operations and assist in navigating through the massive digital transformational changes required to remain competitive.
If you are searching for a role that allows you to apply your Power BI knowledge and expertise in an exciting environment and work on a team that is eager to collaborate and propel data-centric solutions, this is definitely opportunity is for you.
• Design, develop, implement, support, and maintain reports using Power BI including Power BI scripts
• Create dashboards and interactive visual reports using Power BI
• Perform DAX queries and functions in Power BI
• Create relationships between data and develop tabular and other multidimensional data models
• Design, develop, implement, support, and maintain MS SQL Report Builder models
• Implement, support, and maintain Microsoft based user software and associated overnight processing components
• Investigates and corrects software defects and analyzes and maintains data quality
• Complete assigned tasks (may include analysis, design, coding, peer review, testing, or deployment activities)
• Prepares comprehensive documentation, and ensures timely completion of assigned work
• Performs ad-hoc data quality analysis and provides written summaries of results, including recommended corrective actions, for non-technical business users
• Support release cycle process during and off business hours
• Periodically provide 24×7 rotational off hours on call support
Must Have Requirements:
• 5+ years of directly related computer programming experience
• 3+ years of experience with BI Tools such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
• 3+ years of IT experience, with at least 3 years of database programming experience using SQL on multiple relational database platforms, preferably MS SQL Server using SSRS and SSIS
• 5+ years of experience in Windows server environment
• 3+ years of experience in Visual Source Safe, or similar version control tools is preferred
• 7+ years of experience on Data Analytics Projects
• Demonstrated experience with designing and building Power BI Reports, Dashboards, Scorecards etc.
• Demonstrated experience working with most Power BI Visualizations and building interactive reports using navigation & drill downs
• Demonstrated experience with Modelling and Transforming Data in Power BI
• Demonstrated experience with Publishing and sharing Power BI Reports using Workspaces, Apps, SharePoint, Mobile devices etc.
• Demonstrated experience with Data Level and Object level security as well as Power BI Administration tasks
• Demonstrated experienced in tools and systems on MS SQL Server BI Stack, including SSRS and TSQL, Power Query, MDX, Power BI, and DAX
• Be able to quickly shape data into reporting and analytics solutions
Nice to Have Requirements:
• Exposure to Finance/Core Banking Vertical is highly preferred
• Exposure to Azure Cloud based technologies is preferred
• Data Modelling experience with knowledge of Data Vault modelling
• Experience with MS SQL Report Builder
• Experience in ETL processing
• Experience with XML
• Experience with ASP.NET or PowerShell Scripting
• Experience in retail banking and/or credit union space
Required Level of Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
Position is based in Halifax, NS. One must be willing to relocate to Nova Scotia and must have authorization to work in Canada.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.