For almost 25 years, the WCT Mentorship Program has been the launchpad for the careers of hundreds of women across Canada. The program is designed to provide mentorship for women at all career levels and strategically matches mentors with mentees based on experience, goals and networks.
How program works:
- The program matches a WCT member with a senior or peer member of the communications, media or technology sectors for one year of counsel, leadership and professional development.
- The guiding principles of the mentorship program are for mentors to develop a mentee’s leadership skills and work with her to define goals and develop strategies for achievement.
- The commitment to the program is a minimum of four meetings over the course of a year.
How the program benefits your career:
- For mentees, establishing a mentor relationship can be an invaluable sounding board to help navigate today’s increasingly complex workplace. Mentors help develop critical skills, work with you to define your career ambitions and hold you accountable to your plans.
- The relationship is an opportunity for mentors to share experiences (good and not so good), and provide a platform to hone leadership style.
- If you have 10 or more years of career experience and a passion to make a difference, consider acting as a mentor in this year’s program. It is a two-way learning experience: not only can you give back to the next generation, but you will gain insight from your mentee as well.
How to apply:
The deadline for applications is Monday, December 17, 2018.
Visit our website for more information and to complete the application form. This program is only open to WCT members. Please log in with your membership credentials to access the application form.