DNS Member Venor is currently looking for mentors Saint Mary’s University Master of Computing and Data Analytics students – this could be your opportunity to support students getting ready to enter the workforce.
The primary focus of the MSc CDA program is to develop highly qualified computing and data analytics professionals who will drive innovation and organizational success. To prepare students for rewarding careers, CDA’s mentorship program matches students with accomplished professionals to provide advice, coaching, and support as students start to prepare for internship and post graduate employment opportunities.
Venor are looking for a wide range of backgrounds and areas of expertise, including: AI, Machine Learning, Business Analysis, Business Intelligence , Database Management/ Administration, Data Mining, Data Analytics, Big Data, Software development, Technical/ IT Consulting,Project Management, Product Management, User Interface Design, and User Experience Design
What mentors do:
- Meet with your assigned student at least twice/ semester (Jan-April, May-August, and Sept-Dec 2018)
- Share your knowledge, skills, advice, and connections
- Provide feedback on strengths and areas of improvement
- Respond to students and be open to answering questions about working in Nova Scotia and other parts of Canada
- Be available to support your student as s/he transitions from ‘student’ to ‘professional’
If you have any questions about the mentorship, please contact Chantal Brine at email@example.com. If you have any questions about the SMU Master of Computing and Data Analytics program, contact Keith Bain at Keith.Bain@smu.ca.