Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada is seeking pre-commercial innovative prototypes that can be tested in real life settings and address a variety of priorities within the Government of Canada.
With $20M in funding to test your late-stage, pre-commercial innovations in real-life settings with government partners. You could receive up to $550k to test your standard (non-military) innovation, or up to $1.15M to test your military innovation.
The Testing Stream aims to procure, test and evaluate innovative late stage pre-commercial prototypes.
The purpose of these calls for proposals (CFPs) is to create pools of pre-qualified innovations that Canada may select from to address a broad range of the Government of Canada organizations’ requirements. The estimated, total combined budget under the Calls is $20M.
We are introducing a new program feature for SMEs! SMEs who complete an initial testing contract may be eligible to qualify for our innovation source list.
SMEs who qualify for our innovation source list will:
- be eligible to sell to the Government of Canada without further competition for 3 years
- be eligible for additional contracts (to a maximum of $8M per contract)
The maximum funding available for each contract resulting from the CFPs is:
- Standard component $550,000
- Military component $1,150,000
- Clean technology
- Safety and security
- Digital defence
- Cyber operations and resilience
- Fully networked command, communications, and control
- Countering small Unmanned Aerial Systems (C-sUAS)
- Enhanced soldier systems – Close combat
- Training and In-service support (ISS)
- Other defence capability enablers
Opening date: January 18, 2021
Closing date: February 5, 2021, 14:00 Eastern Standard Time