Developed by ICTC, the iAdvance Pathways Program provides career coaching and wage subsidies that aid employers in the tech sector. This is the ideal resource for employers looking to obtain talented new recruits wishing to develop and apply their skills in a role that highlights their talents.
With the goal of strengthening the Canadian advantage in the global economy, ICTC sought out Government funding that would support both employers and newcomers in the digital/ICT industry. Thus, iAdvance Pathways was formed! The 6-month program not only provides wage subsidies, but also provides opportunities to enhance skills for employees, and advance the onboarding best practices for Canadian employers. Notably, iAdvance elaborates pertaining to recruiting, hiring, and integrating internationally educated professionals.
The subsidies provided through iAdvance Pathways contributes 70% wage subsidy up to $15,000. Opportunities this great are hard to come by, it sounds too good to be true! With a focus on individuals who have recently entered Canada, or permanent residents, this program wishes to clear the path for any participant with a passion for innovation in Canadian digital/ICT industry.
The eligibility requirements for employers are as follows;
- Be a registered business in the Province of Ontario, Nova Scotia, British Columbia, or Alberta
- Located in the Province of Ontario, Nova Scotia, British Columbia, or Alberta
- Be a company in the Canada’s digital/ICT industry
- Willingness to provide a work integrated learning placement for iAdvance Pathways
- Willing to hire the participant as an employee on payroll
- Abide by all the Labour standard Laws of the province of Ontario, Nova Scotia, British Columbia, or Alberta
- Have Comprehensive Liability Insurance
Digital Nova Scotia share’s ICTC’s passion for supporting Canadian organizations in the digital and tech sector, and so we highly recommend you visit the iAdvance Pathways page to learn more!Learn More