The Halifax Innovation Outpost, in collaboration with the Municipality’s Just Food and HalifACT teams, has launched a call for applications for two innovation challenges focused on addressing social and environmental issues in Halifax Regional Municipality.
The Climate Action Challenge invites businesses and organizations that have an idea to accelerate climate action in Halifax to apply to participate in this challenge.
The Food Action Challenge invites businesses and organizations that have an idea that could strengthen food security in Halifax to apply to participate in this challenge.
Ideas can be focused on:
- Green & Resilient Buildings
- Green Jobs
- Renewable Energy
- Clean Transportation
- Community Resilience
- Food Security
Challenge participants will receive:
- Learning and mentorship in rapid-action prototyping
- Support to sharpen and test their ideas with potential customers/users and/or partners.
- Funding of up to $5000 for project costs (including supplies, marketing, purchases, human resources, fees, and/or any other costs).
- Participation in a pitch event with an opportunity to showcase ideas and receive feedback and support from advisors in your sector.
- Connection to larger grants to scale up promising solutions.
When: Applications close October 7, 2022
Project costs provided: up to $5000
Time Commitment: 15-20 hours from late October – early December
Note, all applicants must be affiliated with a Canadian business, organization, or community group.
For more information and to apply visit:
See examples of past challenge winners: