The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) program, hosted by Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO), is designed for post-secondary students who own and operate businesses.
Unlike other year’s s local finalists will compete against the Atlantic’s best by submitting a pitch video for their chance at over $50,000 in cash and prizes and attend the Canadian National GSEA Competition on January 21st, 2021. The National winner will compete against the world’s best student entrepreneurs at the Global Finals for their chance at the global title. Additional prizes also include cash and services donated by EO members, such as web design, printing, public relations, and consulting.
Apart from the top-notch prize packages, the most valuable piece of GSEA is the access to EO members and their networks. EO members are entrepreneurs who run businesses with $1M + revenue and who have lived it all. They are there to support you along your entrepreneurial journey.
October 16, 2020 – Application Deadline
October 23, 2020 – Video Submission Deadline (you will be contacted after applying)
October 28, 2020 – GSEA Atlantic Champion Announcement Event with guest speaker Rob Steele, owner of Steele Auto Group
January 21, 2021 – Canadian National Competition
April, 2021 – GSEA Global Finals
- You are enrolled for the current academic year in a university/college as an undergraduate or graduate* student at the time of application. Full-time enrollment is not required; part-time enrollment is acceptable.
- You are the owner, founder or controlling shareholder of your company and principally responsible for its operation. Each company can be represented by only one owner/co-founder.
- Your business has been in operation for at least six consecutive months prior to the application.
- Your business has generated US $500 or received US $1000 in investments at the time of application.
- You have not been one of the top seven finalists from any previous year’s GSEA Global Finals Competition.
- You are under 30 years of age
Over $40K in cash and prizes to be won including:
- Opportunity to represent Atlantic Canada at the National GSEA Competition and present in front of Bruce Croxon of Dragon’s Den.
- A custom prize package courtesy of the Halifax Shopping Centre
- Entrance into the EO Accelerator program for 1 year
- A Performance Excellence Course for the top 3 finalists
- A one year Sales Foundation Program
- A website update valued at $5K
- One year of free reception services
- Mentorship from some of the top business leaders in Atlantic Canada
- And much more!