HALIFAX, September 11, 2017 – Ten influential industry leaders have joined the Board of Directors for Digital Nova Scotia following the organization’s AGM. The non-profit association representing the ICT industry in Nova Scotia is governed by a Board of Directors and led by award-winning former President & CEO, Ulrike Bahr-Gedalia.
“Digital Nova Scotia is committed to supporting the growth of our digital economy, and we are extremely pleased to have such a strong representation of industry and post-secondary education on our Board of Directors. Maintaining a diverse and strategic board will help strengthen the impact and influence Digital Nova Scotia has on our digital economy and industry growth. My team and I feel very positive and fueled about moving forward with such a talented and dedicated Board of Directors by our side” says Ulrike Bahr-Gedalia, former President & CEO.
“In my time as Chair, I have seen DNS continue to exceed its goals, year after year. As we look to the year ahead, I am pleased to say that our Board of Directors is a diverse and professional group that truly represents our growing, fast-paced sector. I am very proud to continue to be a part of it.” Bruce MacDougall, Outgoing Chair, Board of Directors, Digital Nova Scotia
Incoming Board of Directors include:
- Jeff Cameron, Founder, Alpha Dog Games
- Angie Evrovski, Delivery Project Executive, IBM
- Jim Fitt, President & Founder, Velsoft
- Hai Hu, CEO, Skyline Solutions
- Jordan Kyriakidis, President & CEO, QRA Corp.
- Glen Lavigne, President & CEO, SolutionInc.
- Laurie Power, Vice President Consulting Services, CGI
- Emily Smits, Chief Operating Officer, Modest Tree Media
- Phillip Stamp, Vice President of Current Production, DHX Media
- Dr. Nur Zincir-Heywood, Professor, Faculty of Computer Science, Dalhousie University
- Selene Bance, Student of Computer Science, Dalhousie University (Student Representative)
“Nova Scotia’s digital industry is growing faster than ever, and Digital Nova Scotia continues to play a critical role in its success,” says Jenn Priske, Chair, Board of Directors, Digital Nova Scotia. “I’m honoured to be returning as a Board Director alongside so many new faces to help ensure Nova Scotia continues to prosper as the tech hub it is.”
Returning Board of Directors include:
- David Fraser, Privacy and Technology Lawyer, McInnes Cooper
- Bruce MacDougall, Regional Vice President, Enterprise Business Unit, Atlantic Canada, Rogers Communications
- Ian MacLeod, Dean, School of IT & Creative Industries, Nova Scotia Community College
- Hatem Nassrat, Chief Technology Officer, LeadSift Inc.
- Jenn Priske, Executive, REDspace