Global Affairs Canada is now recruiting the fall 2017 cohorts (August – December 2017) for the Canadian Technology Accelerator Initiative. Programs will be running simultaneously Boston, New York, and Silicon Valley.
What is it?
The Canadian Technology Accelerator helps high-potential, high-growth Canadian technology SMEs seeking to expand to the US through a 5-month program of workshops, events, mentorship and business introductions. Learn more about the accelerator at: http://international.gc.ca/trade-commerce/cta-atc
Looking for companies that have:
- Proven product and business model
- Minimum of $1M in revenue and/or investment
- Existing traction in the marketplace and the potential to scale
- Have specific goals and a clear strategy for entry to the Boston, New York or Silicon Valley markets
- Ability to prospect and close deals
- At least one senior member (C-level or Founder) or a business development officer to take part in the program.
When and Where
The deadline to apply for all programs is June 12th.
Companies can apply here: https://questionnaire.simplesondage.com/s/CTA-Application
What’s the difference between programs?
Each program reflects the industries that are most prominent in their respective cities:
Boston: (coordinator: Susan.Ahearn@international.gc.ca)
ICT: IoT, Smart Cities, Artificial Intelligence, CleanTech, Digital Health, FinTech, SaaS, e-Commerce, Big Data
Life Sciences: Biotechnology, Medical Devices, Drug Discovery
New York (coordinator: Joshua.Kleyman@international.gc.ca)
SaaS, AdTech, FinTech, Cybersecurity, IoT, e-commerce, Artificial Intelligence
Silicon Valley (coordinator: Bryan.Bowman@international.gc.ca)
AUVs, Fintech, Telecoms, Artificial Intelligence, IoT, Digital Entertainment, AR/VR/Mixed reality, Social Media, AdTech, Enterprise, Cybersecurity & Consumer Electronics