- Employment grew at a strong pace in September, up from the prior month by 157,100 jobs, making it the fourth consecutive monthly gain.
- Full time jobs increased alongside fewer part time.
- The unemployment rate fell in the month to 6.9%, reaching its lowest point since February 2020.
- The goods producing sector added jobs (+14,700), while the services-producing sector saw growth of 142,400 jobs.
Labour Force: 20,553,000 (+138,900)
Employment: 19,131,200 (+157,100)
- Employment grew at a strong pace in September, up from the prior month by 7,300 jobs, making it the fourth consecutive monthly gain.
- Full-time jobs increased alongside fewer part-time.
- The unemployment rate moved higher in the month to 9.7%.
- The goods-producing sector lost jobs in September (2,600), while the services producing sector saw growth of 10,000 jobs.
Labour Force: 1,249,500 (+12,500)
Employment: 1,128,400 (+7,300)
- Labour Force: 507,200
- Employment: 466,500
- Unemployment Rate: 8.0%
- Labour Force Change: +2,600
- Employment Change: +1,400
- Unemployment Rate Change: +0.2