- The number of people employed declined in July by 30,600 jobs.
- The job reductions occurred in both full-time and part-time positions
- The rate of unemployment saw no change from last month, remaining at 4.9%.
- The goods-producing sector added jobs (+22,600), while the service sector saw job reductions of 53,200.
Labour Force: 20,573,600 (-27,000)
Employment: 19,566,500 (-30,600)
- Fewer people were working in July as employment fell by 600 jobs, making it the third consecutive monthly decline.
- Full-time jobs increased alongside fewer part-time.
- The unemployment rate declined slightly in July to 7.1%, reaching its lowest point since the survey began in 1976.
- The goods-producing sector added jobs (+2,600), while the service sector saw job reductions of 3,300.
Labour Force: 1,250,600 (-1,100)
Employment: 1,161,300 (-600)
- Labour Force: 511,100
- Employment: 481,100
- Unemployment Rate: 5.9%
- Labour Force Change: -4,400
- Employment Change: +1,600
- Unemployment Rate Change: -1.1