Power BI Developer
CGI is offering an exciting opportunity as a Power BI Report Developer in a digital environment. As a member of CGI’s national practice providing retail banking solutions and services to credit unions, you will be joining an experienced and dynamic team of global IT professionals serving our clients across Canada and the world.
The financial industry is in the midst of dramatic change and credit unions are challenged with finding faster, more innovative ways of providing solutions and services to their customers who have more alternatives than ever before. Digital transformation and digital services are disrupting traditional financial institutions, instead offering businesses and households access to services that are customized specifically to personalized needs and wants of the end consumer. Omni-channel experience, mobile self-service, predictive analytics, data governance, robotic process automation, FinTech partnerships, and open banking requirements have turned the banking industry on its head. Staying relevant is key while customer retention and growth has never been more challenging. Our clients are turning to CGI to help them remodel their operations and assist in navigating through the massive digital transformational changes required to remain competitive.
- Design, develop, implement, support, and maintain reports using Power BI including Power BI scripts
- Create dashboards and interactive visual reports using Power BI
- Perform DAX queries and functions in Power BI
- Create relationships between data and develop tabular and other multidimensional data models
- Design, develop, implement, support, and maintain MS SQL Report Builder models
- Implement, support, and maintain Microsoft based user software and associated overnight processing components
- Investigates and corrects software defects and analyzes and maintains data quality
- Complete assigned tasks (may include analysis, design, coding, peer review, testing, or deployment activities)
- Prepares comprehensive documentation, and ensures timely completion of assigned work
- Performs ad-hoc data quality analysis and provides written summaries of results, including recommended corrective actions, for non-technical business users
- Support release cycle process during and off business hours
- Periodically provide 24×7 rotational off hours on call support
- Maintain a solid understanding of software testing best practices, methodologies, and terminologies
- Lead, coach and mentor other members
- 100% adherence to CGI policies (Member Commitment to the Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, Dress Code, Travel, Expenses, etc.)
- Always practice professional, respectful communication whenever dealing with other team members, management and the client
- Use all of the tools including Internet and Instant Messaging appropriately, being mindful that they should only be used as a form of business communication and in a professional manner at all times
- Timesheets and status reports completed on time
- Attend and participate in all CGI member meetings (e.g., MSAPs, town halls, annual tour)
- Remain current in your area of expertise
- Develop consulting skills
- Proactively identifying and communicating project risks
- Share knowledge freely and openly with other team members
- Follow project management processes (i.e., Change Management, Configuration Management, etc.)
- 5+ years of directly related computer programming experience
- 3+ years of experience with BI Tools such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- 3+ years of IT experience, with at least 3 years of database programming experience using SQL on multiple relational database platforms, preferably MS SQL Server using SSRS and SSIS
- 5+ years of experience in Windows server environment
- 3+ years of experience in Visual Source Safe, or similar version control tools is preferred
Nice To Have
- Data Modelling experience with knowledge of Data Vault modelling
- Experience with MS SQL Report Builder
- Experience in ETL processing
- Experience with XML
- Experience with ASP.NET or PowerShell Scripting
- Experience in retail banking and/or credit union space
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to drive tasks through to completion
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact directly with Client Stakeholders, Senior Management, and/or our technology partners
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The ability to build consensus and resolve interpersonal challenges
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
- Demonstrate the ability to provide information and ideas in a clear, comprehensive, concise and organized manner
Required Level Of Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
Your future duties and responsibilities
Required Qualifications To Be Successful In This Role
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.