Engineer,Software (App) Engineering
Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You’ll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
Lets talk about the team
The primary role of Engineering function within Product Development team is to create specifications and designs for new products or improvements and enhancements to existing products. Works closely with customers, developers and other stakeholders to understand and define customer needs in these designs. Features are aligned to a timetable and areas of responsibility. Developers may solicit customers for feedback regarding product usability and desired future enhancements. Software Engineers who design, write and test code for the product should be matched in the either Software Engineering Applications or Systems. Product developers who specialize in hardware systems should be matched to Hardware Engineering.
Let’s talk about the role
- Design, develop, implement, and deploy AWS cloud solutions.
- Development of high-performance, scalable, and resilient web applications, back-end services, and database solutions.
- Provide incident management, change management, application support, monitoring, and Tier 2 support as part of the full cycle team responsibilities.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Perform code reviews and provide feedback, following coding standards and best practices, including secure coding guidelines.
- Assist with project estimation, planning, task break down based on user stories, progress and bug tracking.
- Write clear, well commented, and easy to understand code.
- All engineers are expected to place a strong emphasis on writing automated tests, including unit tests, integration tests, and end-to-end functional tests.
- Be part of an on-call support rotation.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Let’s talk about you
- Strong object oriented design and programming skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You enjoy learning and are committed to staying up to date with new and emerging technologies.
- Understanding of challenges associated with high availability, 24×7 applications and services.
- Experience with Amazon ECS, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, or Amazon EC2.
- Experience working with and managing container development, deployment and operations on AWS, specifically with ECS on Fargate.
- Experience developing serverless applications using AWS Lambda, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, S3, Amazon API Gateway, Elasticsearch.
- Experience with Git, Confluence, and JIRA.
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. CodePipeline, TeamCity) and infrastructure as code tools (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation).
- Experience working with, or an understanding of, NoSQL databases and relational databases.
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD) is an asset.
- An understanding of 12-factor applications and cloud-native principles is an asset.
- Experience with various message-brokering architectures (pub/sub queues, request/response) and data streaming is an asset.
- AI, Machine Learning, and Data Engineering experience is an asset.
- Experience with mobile application development is an asset.
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!