- This event has passed.
React Boot Camp (March 23 – April 3)
March 23, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm ADT
Did you know, DNS members with less than 50 employees could access this training program for free? Have more than 50 employees? No worries, you could attend for 50% off!
Designed for developers, by developers.
Learn how to build, maintain and launch real-world web applications with the multi-day React Bootcamp (March 23-April 3). Combining theory and application, you will produce your own apps and complete the program with the core knowledge required to deeply understand and begin building and testing robust web apps in React.
Through this program, you will master leading-edge skills and increase your capacity to compete in local and global markets of mobile development. This hands-on, classroom-based program uses an established boot camp model to provide high-end coding skills for beginner to intermediate developers.
The program outline includes:
Module 1: React Introduction, Setting up your Environment
Module 2: React Components and Basics (Code extensions and examples)
Module 3: Component Events and Attributes (dynamic variables)
Module 4: Routing with React-router (advantages and disadvantages)
Module 5: Sharing state and data with React and Redux (real-world applications)
Module 6: Accessing third-party components and APIs
Additional Video Resources (Self-Directed Study)
In addition to video lessons for all of the above modules, we also supply video lessons for the following:
- Video Lesson: Introduction to Webpack
- Video Lesson: Styling React
- Video Lesson: Redux
- Video Lesson: Testing and Troubleshooting your App
- Video Lesson: Introduction to ES6
- Streaming Session: Deploying your App for the World to See!
Component-based architecture is where front-end development is going, so whether you’re starting development of your new product, looking for a front-end overhaul, or even just seeing what’s out there, React can add value to your business.
This program is for you, if you…
- are a front end developer looking to upgrade your skills
- are deciding which framework to code your interface with
This program has been fully funded through Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive (WIPSI), and will be provided FREE for DNS members with less than 50 employees. If your company has more than 50 employees, 50% of program costs will be funded. You must meet all eligibility requirements to take part in this opportunity.
Apply for the Program!
- Be operating within the tech sector as a tech business
- Be Located in Nova Scotia and be registered with the Nova Scotia Registry of Joint Stocks or incorporated by an act of the Nova Scotia legislature
- Be in business for at least one year
- Have at least 25,000 dollars in wages or owner remuneration (this is not revenue; this is wages paid out either to employees or to the owner)
- Be a DNS member prior to the program start date
Please submit your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred course in the subject line.
Rob is a programmer with over 15 years experience in web programming and software development, with a talent for solving complex problems and ensuring client satisfaction. A graduate of Dalhousie University’s Bachelor of Computer Science program, his mix of classical training and modern programming languages ensures that clients are not only satisfied with their product, but also have the means to continue servicing it in the long run. Previously, Rob worked as lead on projects ranging from website builds and mobile applications to server architecture and is currently the CTO of Click2Order, an online ordering platform allowing restaurants to easily enable web and mobile ordering in their stores.