Join us for our virtual discussion to learn from global industry experts about opportunities to solve major ocean sector problems.
The Ocean Startup Challenge will award $1.4 Million in 2021 to start and grow new ocean tech companies in Canada. Leading up to the launch of the Challenge, we’re hosting a six-part series of industry-led presentations and interactive networking sessions.
This speaker series will bring together ocean industry experts in shipping and transportation, fisheries and aquaculture, naval and defence, energy and marine bio-resources. You will hear from industry leaders who will discuss the challenges faced by each sector, highlight opportunities in the market, and share other insights into their respective fields.
Join us on Tuesday, February 23 at 1 pm AST for part four of the virtual dialogue series focused on naval and defence. After the panel discussion, you’ll have a chance to connect with speakers and other attendees during sector networking. You’ll hear from:
- Tobias Stapleton, Co-Founder, Managing Director, Blue Innovation Symposium
- Mae Seto, PhD, Associate Professor & Irving Chair in Marine Engineering and Autonomous Systems
- John Waterston, Program Manager, DARPA Ocean of Things
- Sue Molloy, PhD, PEng, President Glas Ocean Electric
- Michael Brasseur, Co-Chair, NATO Maritime Advisory Board, NATO
- Jeff Smith, Chief Scientist, Unmanned Undersea Vehicle Systems, BAE Systems