- This event has passed.
November 12, 2019 @ 5:00 am - 1:00 pm AST
About the event
AWSome Day is coming to Halifax for a one-day introduction training to the core AWS services for compute, storage, database, and networking.
Our technical experts will cover key features and use cases, share best practices, walk through technical demos, and be available to answer your questions one-on-one.
Who should attend
This event is ideal for IT managers, system engineers, system administrators, and architects who are eager to learn more about cloud computing and how to get started on the AWS Cloud.
- 9:00AM–10:00AM: Registration & Ask an AWS Expert
- 10:00AM–10:15AM: Welcome
- 10:15AM–10:30AM: Introduction to the AWS Cloud
- What is the Cloud and how it works?
- Cloud Deployment Models, Cloud Benefits
- What is the AWS Cloud?
- 10:30AM–11:30AM: Core Services
- AWS Global Infrastructure: Regions, Availability Zones, Edge Locations
- AWS Management Interfaces
- AWS Networking: Virtual Private Cloud, Security Groups
- Amazon EC2
- Demo 1: AWS VPC and EC2
- 11:30AM–12:00PM: Core Services (cont’d)
- Store Your Data: Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Glacier
- Demo 2: AWS S3
- 12:00PM–1:00PM: Lunch & Ask an AWS Expert
- 1:00PM–2:00PM: More AWS Services
- Auto Scaling and Load Balancing, Amazon CloudWatch
- AWS Database Services
- Demo 3: EC2 Autoscaling and ELB
- 2:00PM–3:10PM: More AWS Services (cont’d)
- Amazon Route 53, AWS Cloudfront, AWS Lambda
- Automated Deployment: AWS Cloudformation
- Demo 4: AWS Lambda
- 3:10PM–3:30PM: Break
- 3:30PM–4:00PM: Security
- Security Principles, The AWS Shared Responsibility Model
- AWS Identity and Access Management, Amazon Inspector, AWS Shield
- AWS Security Compliance
- 4:00PM–4:30PM: Pricing and Support
- Fundamentals of Pricing, AWS Free Tier, Calculating Cost Projections, AWS Trusted Advisor
- AWS Support Plans
- 4:30PM–5:00PM: Ask an AWS Expert