The Consulates of Canada in New York City and Silicon Valley are joining forces to offer a joint CTA program focused on Cybersecurity, Privacy and Compliance.
Canadian Trade Commissioners situated in the U.S.’ two largest technology hubs will support a single cohort of Canadian cybersecurity companies to connect to clients, strategic partners, and investors. The program will offer participants five months of high-touch Trade Commissioner support, including virtual elements, in-market programming in NYC, and programming on the margins of the RSA conference in San Francisco.
What CTA offers
The Cybersecurity CTA helps high-potential Canadian companies gain exposure to the thriving NYC tech scene and a glimpse of the Silicon Valley cybersecurity environment. Through a single application Canadian cybersecurity companies can benefit from participation in two distinct in-market programs in addition to virtual programming and support:
- Mid January: cohort selection
- February: virtual programming and optional in-market programming and support anchored around the RSA Conference 2020, February 24 – 28 in San Francisco. Offerings will be tailored to participants’ expressed needs but are expected to include booth space, conference entry, networking, a venture capital session, and B2B matchmaking (*this portion of the programming in optional*)
- March and June: in-market session in NYC, which will include tailored mentoring sessions delivered by private sector partners, industry leaders, and trade commissioners.
- Four months of dedicated Trade Commissioner Service support in NYC to pursue business and investment leads.
- Programs and workshops covering a range of topics that provide cyber companies with tools to tackle the NYC cybersecurity ecosystem.
- Networking opportunities and company showcase events including a demo night at the end of the program.
Cyber threats create a strong demand for more service providers, technology experts, and workers. Major private sector companies are now investing to fill demand.
- US$170B worldwide cyber spending by 2020
- 3.5M unfilled jobs worldwide by 2021
- 2.5M data breaches worldwide in 2017
Is it right for you?
We are looking for companies that have:
- A fully-built and validated product with a differentiated technology
- Recurring revenues and/or $1M funds raised
- Strong and experienced management team who can commit to virtual and in-market programming in NYC
- Specific goal(s) and clear strategy for entry to NYC
- Financial resources for time spent in-market
The application period is live now until January 17, 2020.