Title: Project Coordinator
Employment Type: Contract (12-month term with possible extension)
Reports to: Project Manager
Location: Suite 800, 1701 Hollis Street, Halifax, NS
We’re seeking a detail-oriented and forward-thinking Project Coordinator with exceptional organizational skills and a passion for preparing our province’s population for opportunities in and with tech. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for planning and executing projects, as well as communicating with internal and external stakeholders. If you like a fast-paced work environment that is creative, challenging, and collaborative, with phenomenal projects, then Digital Nova Scotia may be the ideal fit for you.
What does the role look like?
This is a 12-month term position. Pending project needs, the position may be extended.
Here’s what we need:
- At least 2 years’ experience in project coordination/administration
- Budget management experience
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle – provincial travel will be required
Here’s what we see as assets for the role:
- Knowledge of and passion for the ICT and digital technologies industry
- Specifically, knowledge of and passion for the Nova Scotia tech and rural communities
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM systems
Competencies essential to this position:
- Excellent verbal and written communication – to engage with partners and for written reports
- Organized and adaptable – to manage and prioritize daily tasks when faced with competing demands
- Expectation management – to know how, what and when to communicate with key stakeholders
- Goal oriented and independent – to progress the project, and drive success
- Strong relationship builder – to establish and build positive relations with key stakeholders
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter outlining why you are the perfect fit for this role, team and organization, and your résumé in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest, please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Deadline to apply: 11:00 pm July 31, 2019
About Digital Nova Scotia
Digital Nova Scotia (DNS) is the industry association for Nova Scotia’s $2.5 billion ICT and digital technologies sector. Engaging a diverse group of stakeholders from the private, public, non-profit and academic sectors, and over 130 members, we strive to connect our digital community through impactful programs, networking opportunities, industry events and innovative initiatives. DNS proudly supports business growth, skills development and capacity building, celebrates sector successes, facilitates connections between industry and talent, and drives the province’s digital economy.