Digital Nova Scotia (DNS) President & CEO, Ulrike Bahr-Gedalia represented Atlantic Canada at the fifth annual TEDxKelowna event in Kelowna, British Columbia on June 10th, 2017.
Ulrike Bahr-Gedalia is a multi-lingual technology and business executive with over 20 years of experience in the private, public and academic sectors. Her career spans five geographic regions, working in executive leadership roles at the headquarters of prominent multinational high-tech corporations, SME’s and startups. She was joined on stage by:
- Canadian Olympic athletes Chloe, Maxime, and Justine Dufour-Lapointe
- Chief Darby Allen who led the largest evacuation in Canadian history with the Alberta wildfire in 2016
- Women’s Shelter executive directorKaren Mason and neuroscientist Dr. Paul van Donkelaar
- Entrepreneur Lane Merrifield, Co-founder of Club Penguin, the largest virtual world for kids
- John Klironomos, Professor of Biology at UBC
- Tasha Kheiriddin, recently named one of Canada’s Most Powerful Women in 2016
- Thato Kgatlhanye, an international award-winning entrepreneur
“As our world evolves, so should our definitions, actions, and behaviours,” says Bahr-Gedalia “I hope to inspire and challenge viewers to redefine their perception and understanding of leadership using two key qualities – disruption and humanity. The outcome can be extraordinary.”
On June 10th, she joined thought-provoking speakers from across the country for an evening of inspiration and education, as she focused on Redefining Leadership with Disruption and HumanITy.