Since we launched in 2019, CapIntel has been on a mission to elevate finance to build wealth for all; this means helping advisors better support their clients, so they feel at ease knowing their future is secure. We’ve mastered the client experience around investments and are working with some of the largest wealth brands in North America to modernize their sales processes with innovative Wealth Tech. CapIntel’s sales enablement platform helps enterprises bridge crucial efficiency and communication gaps by enhancing how advisors and wholesalers analyze, present, and sell investments to retail investors. CapIntel is expanding rapidly, having achieved over 750% in growth in 2021, and we’re continuing to build our team to support our transformative impact on the wealth industry.
We make UI to enhance user experience…
We believe User Interface design is not graphic design, but a good UI design considers fundamental user interactions and helps enhance the UX. A key success factor of our product is rooted in beautiful and functional design. Therefore, we’re seeking a UI designer to help build the feel of the CapIntel products and brand. The UI Designer collaborates with the design team to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and mockups and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
Your homebase will be the Design Team; however, you’ll also work with cross-functional teams (with partners from Development, Product Management, and Product Research) on projects, maximizing innovation and strategic thinking so that each aspect of the product is a slam dunk for users.
As an Intermediate UI Designer:
What you’ll do
- Establish the visual language of the UI that includes, but not limited to, iconography, typography, visual hierarchy, brand expression, and motion that aligns to the highest industry standards
- Help shape the UI design system to ensure our users enjoy a consistent and seamless experience while navigating our product
- Establish the visual tone of the UI aligning with the overall art direction of the product
- Create high-fidelity UI screens and components that align with our product’s experience goals, usability and accessibility standards, and brand
- Cultivate positive collaborations with Product Management, Development, and the Design team, to meet project deadlines and drive the human-centered design process
- Work with the design team to produce polished deliverables that elevates our work
- 3-5 years proven work experience as a UI Designer
- Excellent visual and design skills, including typography, color theory, illustration, iconography, screen layout, and composition
- Expertise in Figma and other visual design tools
- Knowledge of usability principles and designing for accessibility, diversity, and inclusivity
- Familiarity with technical UI authoring frameworks
- Experience creating, contributing to and working with Design Systems
- Experience in a team-oriented, product-focused environment; you enjoy collaboration and appreciate the exchange of ideas and concepts
- A portfolio showcasing work samples, inclusive of unique and original designs
- Bold, gritty and curious character
We know from experience that what matters most is a positive attitude, a hunger to learn, and the drive to create quality work and get results. While we value experience and specific kinds of knowledge, we also know that sometimes it’s a roundabout journey along a career path. And if you’re not sure you meet the experience requirements for this position, but you know in your gut that you’ve got what it takes to bring this role to the next level, we’d like to hear from you!
Our compensation portfolio
- Salary We’re proud to offer a fair, competitive, and equitable process to determining your salary that is based on your skills, knowledge, experience and internal equity. You can rest assured that we will present you our best salary offer so you don’t have to worry about playing the negotiation game.
- Benefits Our comprehensive benefit package is available from your first day and if something doesn’t quite meet your needs, we also offer a generous healthcare spending allowance.
- Time away from work We love working at CapIntel, but we also love our lives outside of work. We offer competitive vacation days, lifecare days, and company holidays and build in some flexibility too!
- Professional growth: We thrive on building our career journeys through learning, mentoring and experiencing through our jobs, our colleagues and our leadership team. Not only do we encourage it, but we also enforce a culture that ensures we thrive, grow and evolve.
- Belonging We respect, appreciate and celebrate our individuality. And we know that our diverse perspectives further each other and our business along the path towards greatness. We find ways to socialize, build a sense of community (even if it is across the country!) and challenge each other to share creativity in our “safe-to-fail” environment. We’re committed to making sure you know you’re appreciated for exactly who you are.
Where we work
- Remote first. We trust our teammates to find the work location that allows them to do their best work – remotely or in person. We’re a Canadian based, remote-first environment, but if you get your energy from working in the presence of others, then you can access our in-office collaboration zone and individual workspaces in Gatineau, QC or Halifax, NS. We currently have hubs of virtual employees in Halifax, Ottawa/Gatineau, and Southwestern Ontario (and a few others scattered across Canada). We do find value in our teammates being able to connect, collaborate, learn from and mentor one another, so we may request you to travel to a central location for periodic team meetings.
- Eastern time zone We operate in the Eastern Time Zone and trust you to manage your work responsibilities in a way that supports your teammates, feeds your ingenuity, and creates a sustainable and healthy balance with your personal life.
- Equipment set up We’ll set you up with your choice of PC or Mac, and provide you with a $750 equipment spending account to purchase the additional equipment you need to set up your virtual space and do your best work.
How we work
These principles guide our decisions towards our common goal of success:
- Prioritize & Execute
Equity, diversity and accessibility
CapIntel believes that all dimensions of diversity are our strength, and that we have a role to play in actively reducing and eliminating systemic barriers to employment equity. We believe in equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ethnicity, language, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family and marital status, neurodivergence, national origin, and age. We cultivate an inclusive workplace where people excel based on personal merit, qualification, experience, ability, and job performance.
If you require an accommodation that will reduce a barrier to your application, please send an email to email@example.com and our Talent & Employee Experience teammates will work with you on options to ensure you are set up for success