Writer Engagement Associate
Wattpad is a global multiplatform entertainment company whose vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. Since 2006, we’ve been on a mission to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world. Every month 90 million people around the world spend over 23 billion minutes on Wattpad to share and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else. Our brand banner includes: Wattpad, Wattpad Labs, Wattpad WEBTOON Studios, Wattpad Books and Wattpad Brand Partnerships. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Come build the future of entertainment and storytelling, and write your next chapter with us!
We are looking for a Writer Engagement Associateto join our Content & Creator Development business area, reporting to the Writer Engagement Manager, focusing on executing small- and large-scale events to engage writers across Wattpad. In this role, you will help support the operations and execution of the Wattys, WattCon, and other online and in-person events with the purpose of fostering engagement between writers, Wattpad, and their fans.
What You Will Be Doing:
- You’ll be delivering the execution of enormous writer events across the business area and the broader company, engaging with internal and external partners and the writing community
- Assist in all phases of the Wattys judging and WattCon planning process
- Supporting the Writer Engagement Manager in leveraging strategic events to align and meet business and writer needs
- Assist in creating reports, measurement and evaluation, and other data analysis on writer engagement and events
- You will streamline processes, protocols, and communications to drive team efficiency and optimization
- Coordinate invoices and payouts, event logistics, communication with vendors, and internal stakeholders while delivering events
- Provide other operational support to our Content & Creators business area, as needed
What We’re Looking For:
- 1-2 years experience working in an area related to events, operations, or project management
- Proficient in Google Sheets, Excel and Google Slides
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- An affinity for process management and making continual process improvements
- You are positive and passionate with the ability to work well and communicate effectively across teams to get the job done
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to communicate complex information to non-technical audiences and ensure execution and delivery for events with multiple stakeholders
- You love events and conventions, enjoying bringing people together for big moments or little delights, and want to engage with communities of all shapes and sizes
- You are a pop culture enthusiast and consume media like nobody’s business – TV, film, literature, podcasts, etc. You are passionate and knowledgeable about trends in books and the influencers in that space.
- An interest in storytelling, entertainment, and all of the essential behind the scenes work that makes the magic happen
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals
- $200/month Transit and Home Office Allowance, choice of hardware, flexible hours, hybrid office and remote work options
- Corporate discount for gym membership for you and your family
- Downtown Halifax, NS location, with easy access to transit
- And a whole lot more!
Wattpad is conducting all interviews in a distributed manner using applicable third party software where needed and using visual interface tools such as Google Hangouts and Zoom.
Who are we?
Entrepreneurs and Do-ers. Our vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories, and our mission is to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world.
What does that mean?
We are visionaries, community builders, passionate problem solvers, storytellers, coffee snobs (tea drinkers, too!), curious by nature, and culturally diverse.
What are we obsessed with?
Our users. Solving complex problems and maximizing flow. Learning constantly. Building the next great storytelling product. Finding the greatest stories ever told. Dogs (and cats), coffee, and good snacks.
How do we work?
Autonomously, collaboratively, respectfully. Balancing with work, family, and play…and all while having a great time.
Wattpad is a remote friendly company and encourages remote candidates to apply as long as they are located and authorized to work in either the US or Canada (excluding Quebec) as a precondition of employment. We are not able to sponsor applicants for work permits.
Culture and Diversity
Wattpad is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Period.
Wattpad welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We have taken a leadership position on creating a culture and an organization that truly values diversity. We are committed to fostering a global team that reflects the diversity of the Wattpad community. At Wattpad, we believe cultural fit doesn’t mean culturally identical, and diversity of thought helps us to challenge one another to think big and think differently. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability status or any other protected status.
If you have any special needs or accessibility requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.