Web Team Lead (Halifax or Remote)
At REDspace, our team’s diversity makes us stronger. We encourage and embrace applications from BIPOC, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, and persons of the LGBTQ+ community.
Web Team Lead
REDspace is a custom software development company. We build cutting-edge streaming platforms and user experiences that are transforming the media & entertainment industry for clients such as WarnerMedia, ViacomCBS, Sony, and IBM. Leveraging our extensive, world-class experience, we help transform other industries by integrating existing systems with consumer media innovations and emerging technologies such as video, voice, mobile, machine learning, and gaming tech.
We are looking for Web Team Leads to help manage and grow our world-class team of developers.
As a Web Team Lead at REDspace, you are responsible for guiding and supporting a team of developers with varied skills and experience levels towards successful project deliveries. In this role, you will still be working hands-on with code and will support the creation of innovative software and applications for a variety of global clients.
About the Role
- Provide technical leadership to your reports through regular check-ins and provide continual coaching and mentorship.
- Lead a team of developers in the delivery of high quality, innovative software solutions.
- Mentor team members, and help create achievable goals for your reports to support their ongoing growth.
- Demonstrate leadership in your communication style and approach.
- Represent REDspace both internally and externally, taking an active role as required in recruitment, tech shares, meet-ups, conferences, and other company sponsored events.
- Work with clients and on projects in a senior developer or project lead capacity.
- 5+ years of senior development experience
- Strong team leadership and communication skills and ability to mentor and coach
- Strong problem solving skills used to deploy solutions quickly.
- Proficient at contributing code in existing code bases and creating applications from scratch.
- Strong understanding of the following:
- Architecture, development and accessibility standards
- HTML, CSS, Pre & Post Processing CSS (SCSS, PostCSS)
- Experience with NodeJS, Ruby, GoLang or .Net
- Agile Methodologies such as Scrum, Sprints & Kanban
- Git based Source Code Management Tools and CLI
- Node Ecosystem Build Tools
- Integrating with and creating REST API’s
- Familiarity with SQL and NOSQL style databases.
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud vendor platforms
- Work well in a fast paced, high pressure environment that requires meeting deadlines and juggling multiple priorities
- Ability to work individually and with a team made up of developers, designers, project managers, and clients.
- Passion for learning new technologies and desire to stay up to date with industry trends and best practices.
- Ability to process and conceptualize information within tight timelines
Working at REDspace.
One of the big plus sides of working at REDspace is we look out for you.
Your well-being. We offer:
- Fully company-funded health, vision, dental, and life insurance coverage with access to an online doctor
- Pension plan contribution matching
- Healthy living allowance
Your career. We’re invested in your growth. We offer:
- Annual professional development allowance
- Bi-weekly and monthly Project and Tech shares
- Annual salary and performance reviews
Your happiness. You’ll enjoy coming to work every day. We offer:
- A flexible work environment with remote work options, in office opportunities or a mixed approach
- Financial relocation assistance
- Social and team building events
- Charitable donation matching
At REDspace, our team’s diversity makes us stronger.
Different backgrounds, talents, skills, experiences, and perspectives strengthen our business and the communities in which we work and live. We are committed to growing and cultivating an inclusive environment that enables knowledge sharing and collaboration—empowering our employees to be their best.
We hire based on merit and skill and make all employment-related and hiring decisions regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or indigenous origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital status, or Veteran status.
Where to find us!
168-1595 Bedford Hwy
Bedford NS, Canada B4A 3Y4
This position is based out of our Bedford office OR has the opportunity to be remote. We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. We appreciate your interest in REDspace. Please note, only candidates who meet the requirements of the role will be contacted.