Under the authority of the Technical Publications and Proposal Manager, the Web Developer/XML Specialist plays a key role in designing and developing web-based outputs for delivery to the customer and end-user. You will work closely with the Technical Publications team to produce Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMS).
- Create and maintain web based IETMs
- XML transformation
- Troubleshoot web based IETMs
- Support technical publications, CMS, IETM output, and relating software by utilizing problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Collaborate to create strategic initiatives to design, code, and test software used to create IETMs and deliverables
- Configure and track user environments for technical publication related software
- Update and support in various formats that allows clients to easily access IETM content via a graphical user interface
- Diploma or certification in Web Application Development or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Web Developer and Internet Solutions Developer
- Expert in XML transformation
- Proficiency in development processes and tools such as MadCap Flare or similar programs
- Knowledge of Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (ITEMs) an asset.
- Knowledge of Technical Publications Standards (AG-006 and S1000D) is an asset
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple initiatives and deadline.
- Proficient computer skills including in MS Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada Security Clearance.