Web App Developer
- Halifax, NS
- Information Technology
- Full-time – Permanent
What you will be doing:
- Designing features (front-end and back-end) that satisfy stated business requirements.
- Design, develop, and unit test features in accordance with established standards (and contribute to evolution of standards).
- Develop features in an Agile process with progress and feature reviews with key stakeholders.
- Identify technical opportunities to improve the functionality, reliability, speed, maintainability etc. of the code.
- As required, guide and review work performed by Coop student(s) who periodically join the team.
- Write clear, concise, well tested code and deploy it rapidly and iteratively, while being able to debug and resolve issues.
- Provide design and documentation at an application or function capability level.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Company.
What will you need to Succeed?
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, Web Development or equivalent program and experience.
- Strong analytical skills for complex and creative problem solving.
- Proficiency in utilizing the following languages: C#, HTML & HTML5, Java
- Some experience with database design and integration (sql).
- Experience with Git and Atlassian tools.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and maintain a balance of priorities.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision.
- At least 5 years of experience in software development, with 3 years building native Angular products.
- A good knowledge of the concepts of modules, services, components, libraries, as well as the complete architecture of an Angular project set up.
- Comfortable with style classes, state management and control of observables.
Nice to Have:
- You are familiar with the creation of a design system.
- You have previously worked for a company that builds and maintains digital products.
- You love working in a collaborative environment that has a strong focus on teamwork, innovation, open minds and having fun.
- Deeply passionate about design and quality. Understanding of different Angular design patterns: MVC/Dependency Injection patterns/ feature services and others.
- Examples that demonstrate both Angular development proficiency and understanding of Angular design patterns.
What’s in it for you?
We strive to be our best, progressive thinkers to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and training.
- Ability to make a difference and have a lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
- Opportunities to move into other design teams at Bluedrop.
At BTSI, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTSI) operates within the defense and aerospace industry where it designs and develops highly specialized, high performance, tactical training for front line operators of equipment working in complex environments and high-risk situations. This includes, training systems needs analysis, custom courseware development, virtual simulation training devices, and ongoing training support for in service support. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.