Talent Acquisition Specialist (Technology & Digital)
n this important role on our amazing People team you will help us attract and recruit top-tier Tech and Digital talent to Wattpad across areas such as Engineering & Data, Design, Product, and Marketing. You will engage with teams across the organization to work on exciting new roles, unique projects and activities that promote the Wattpad brand. As a Technical Talent professional, you’ll champion our values and build on our impressive foundation by bringing the best of the best to Wattpad, helping them grow and thrive!
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner closely with our business leaders to recruit for complex and specialized roles within Engineering & Data, relying heavily on proactive external sourcing of passive candidates (LinkedIn Recruiter, Stackoverflow, Github for example), referrals, networking, and attending tech and digital meet-ups and events
- Lead an end-to-end Talent Acquisition lifecycle from strategic planning through to: recruitment branding, research, sourcing, pre-screening, scheduling, interviewing, coding / technical challenges, offer negotiations, and reference checking
- Help influence hiring decisions at each point of the TA process; leverage data, market intelligence, your deep technical knowledge and industry trends to build creative sourcing strategies and iterate on our interview process
- You will ensure Wattpad continues to hire top tech and digital talent who are a superior match to the role, our team, and elevate our unique culture
- Build and foster relationships within the Canadian start-up community
- Network, outreach and get involved in industry tech events to represent Wattpad
- Maintaining and elevating a world-class candidate experience
What we’re looking for:
- At least 5 to 7 years of demonstrated and proven success recruiting for tough-to-fill Engineering roles for high growth/high value technology-focused companies – start up environments preferred
- Successful building and management of diverse tech and digital talent pools
- Metrics-driven with experience in using data and talent market insights to influence and drive decisions with hiring teams in a competitive technical/digital talent landscape
- Experience in building out new processes with a strong connection to values add (not fit); solid understanding of competency-based interviews and other methodologies
- Interviewing skills are very well-honed, highly articulate, professional and tactful
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
- The growth-oriented mindset with an ability to be adaptable, resilient and thrive in ambiguous settings
- Naturally curious with a desire to drive results and make an impact on your team and other stakeholders by thinking outside the box.
- A Wattpadder — of course!
Bonus points for:
- Work experience or working knowledge of the Engineering/Digital/Technology space.
- Knowledge of international sourcing and visa/work permit experience is a strong asset.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals
- Health benefits, fully covered on us!
- Generous parental leave top-up
- Transit pass, choice of hardware, flexible hours
- Corporate discount for a gym membership for you and your family
- A beautiful office in downtown Toronto, with easy access to transit
- And a whole lot more!