Director of Marketing
We’re looking for a strategic, collaborative, and experienced Director of Marketing Operations to support our Interim Head of Marketing and the larger Marketing team at Wattpad. Whether it’s running OKR planning sessions, managing budgets and team resource planning, or ensuring we deliver on key strategic projects, you will be playing a critical role in enhancing the output and function of the Wattpad Marketing team. In this role, you will be working closely with the Marketing leadership team to strengthen our existing team processes, while addressing critical gaps and ensuring the Marketing is set up to scale exponentially in the years to come.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with the Head of Marketing and Marketing leadership team on strategic planning, team growth planning (including helping to make the case for new headcount and annual headcount planning), and managing project resourcing
- Define an approach/framework for Marketing Operations, including team engagement within the organization, resourcing load management, helping to prioritize work, scheduling workflow, and setting the team up for engagement and maximum impact
- Facilitate annual/quarterly Business Area or Marketing practice planning, ensuring impactful outcomes and clear direction for all involved
- Lead communication for the Marketing team, including managing our Monthly Email digest to the company, scheduling & facilitating team meetings, overseeing our OKR process, and capturing and communicating marketing decisions to the larger organization
- In partnership with Finance and key stakeholders, oversee the budgeting and forecasting process for the Marketing team, including managing monthly expense submissions. You will help develop business cases as needed for strategic investment.
- Develop team-wide measurement and reporting dashboard(s) that facilitate decision-making and understanding for the Marketing leadership team and key stakeholders; support Marketers in developing targets, wrap reports, and campaign dashboards based on benchmark understanding
- Lead team feedback processes, including our annual Engagement Survey and 360 Peer & Performance Reviews in order to enable team and personal growth across the team
- Work with department teams, squads, Business Areas, and affiliate teams (e.g., Wattpad WEBTOON Studios) by putting in place processes and systems that promote agility
- Coach and mentor Marketing team members in resolving operational blockers and gaps, including helping to resolve day-to-day team or cross-functional dynamics
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years in an operations role within a marketing team or tech company
- You are strategic. You are able to translate business objectives into actionable annual/quarterly strategies or business cases that work with – or pitch for – the necessary resources
- You are a cultural leader. You easily connect with Marketers across the team to understand the challenges they face in their roles, positively contribute to the overall group dynamic, and want to help build the Marketing department of tomorrow
- A naturally creative person, you understand that Marketing is part science and part art and are enthusiastic in supporting both aspects to ensure the team and our work thrives
- You are an excellent communicator, in both written and verbal forms. You can help disseminate information across the team and the company to ensure clarity, understanding, and adoption of new processes and decisions
- You are a process whiz. You love a good spreadsheet and have no trouble taking complex data inputs and finding a common theme, insight, or clear outcome
- You bring a proven track record of operational excellence with strategic insight, ideally in a dynamic high growth company with competing priorities
- You can manage stakeholders of all levels of seniority and have extensive experience successfully working across functional groups, departments, and outside partners
- You foster a culture of collaboration and innovative thinking
- You have experience directly managing people/teams, helping to coach and mentor individuals to succeed in their role
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals
- Health benefits, fully covered on us!
- RRSP Contributions
- Generous vacation and Parental Leave Top-up
- $200/month Transit and Home Office Allowance, flexible hours, hybrid office and remote work options
- Corporate discount for a gym membership for you and your family
- A beautiful office in downtown Toronto, with easy access to transit
- And a whole lot more!