Video and Podcast Coordinator
Life At Covers
We’re a top digital media company, with a strong sense of purpose and a belief that success comes from the strength of our team and our culture. When we offer you a place on our team, it comes with a promise (well a few promises, actually):
We’ll create opportunities for you to grow. We’re a rapidly-growing company so opportunities exist here, and we hold a firm belief that when you grow, we grow.
Find the freedom to build something. We’ll give you the space to imagine, create and build our business and your career at the same time.
- Work alongside the best. Work and learn with people who are the best in their field, and who bring ambition and compassion in equal measure.
- Play hard to work hard. We help you work on what you love and we support your style of working. We fuel creativity with fun and optimism and always put our culture and values first.
- We take care of each other. We know that you bring your best when you bring your whole self to work. We’re a wholehearted, inclusive team that invests in wellbeing and belonging.
What Matters Most To Us:
We understand that our industry is usually associated with a non-diverse persona. We have created a workplace and community that brings fun, experience and opportunities for all. We welcome people of any gender, race, colour, religion or belief, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other self-identifying group.
Together we are guided by our values in all that we do. If you’re going to thrive here, fueling with fun, tackling it together, building your game and delivering a great experience will be as meaningful to you as they are to us.
Why You Want This Job
As Video and Podcast Coordinator, you thrive on creating engaging video content that keeps our audience coming back for more industry leading information! You have an interest in sports and/or sports betting! You’re looking for a challenge. A place where you can do what you love, with people who are as passionate as you are.
Halifax / Toronto / Remote
What You’ll Do
- Edit video (cropping, inserting bottom thirds, intros/outros, logos, images, etc).
- Run our YouTube channel using best SEO practices.
- Run our podcast hosting website and ensure the podcasts get delivered to appropriate channels (Spotify, Apple, etc).
- Simple audio editing (cutting out segments, improving quality, splicing, inserting intros/outros, etc).
- Re-versioning of edits to support our different social media channels.
- Run and manage the current equipment we have for our media room.
- Help content creators produce higher-quality video and audio.
- Liaise with design to request required assets for video.
What You’ll Bring
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Diploma in Applied Media & Communications, Screen Arts, or similar field, or relevant working experience
- Solid working knowledge of the latest Adobe software (Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop) and Videolicious.
- Knowledge of content creation, especially in the sports and/or sports betting space.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Extremely organized with excellent communication skills.
- Our company believes in tackling it together, so teamwork is important to us. You have a team player mentality and can work collaboratively. You will also excel at working independently and have the opportunity to take ownership of tasks.
- Our team is always striving to improve, whether it’s how we work, the products we create, or professional development.
- Have an improvement and innovation mindset to constantly learn, develop, and grow.
- Passion and energy drive our team. Enjoy a fast-paced and fun working environment where you can achieve your best self!
What We Can Do For You
- Competitive base salary
- Annual discretionary bonus based on company performance
- 3 weeks’ vacation, public holidays off, birthday off
- Health and dental benefits
- 5% company matched pension contributions
- Self-driven yearly training budget so you can continue to grow professionally
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home options
- Company parties in the summer, winter, and a few fun events in between
- Engaging, fun, and casual company culture
- Remote work available for the right candidate
We’re becoming the world’s leading sports betting authority by making smarter sports bettors.
We’re a digital platform that brings together expert insight, rich user experience and a passionate community to help sports bettors bet smarter. In the overwhelming world of sports betting, we’ve created a single place where people who love the risk and rush of competition come together to share their passion and harness our 26 years of expertise, to build their game, win more consistently, and have fun doing it.
We currently see 20 million sports fans visit our site annually, and our goals for the coming year are aggressive. We’ve doubled the size of our company in 12 months, and plan to do so again in the next 24.
One thing is for sure: we’re set for a big next season.
Covers.com is serviced by NS Sports Media Pros Ltd., a related company that specializes in professional services and is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia.