UX Software Developer
Participate as member of an agile development team in the development and maintenance of applications for our clients.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Participate in the analysis and design of new features.
- Develop new features and maintain existing ones.
- Provide accurate estimates based on wireframes and mock-ups;
- Understand and apply Scrum rules and principles in every task;
- Assure the quality of the work by writing and running unit tests;
- Research and development / constant technological monitoring in line with technological innovations, emerging platforms to ensure the compatibility of available products, and improving the user experience;
- Participate in the established processes and help to improve them.
- Establish and supplement technical documentation, practice good knowledge-management
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong trouble shooting/problem solving skills
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent ability to articulate technical problems to non-technical audience
- Autonomous, tolerance to a fast paced / fast changing environment
- Strong team player; ability to facilitate, negotiate and work within a multi-domain team environment
- Quick learning
- Creativity and ingenuity
- French-English bilingualism a strong asset
Training and Education
- College degree, Bachelor or Master of Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering or similar
Knowledge & Experience:
- Understanding of software development lifecycle – mandatory
- Familiarity with CI concepts and Agile delivery models
- Understanding of DEVOPS.
- Good familiarity with network concepts as they relate to application design (Load balancing etc.)
- General understanding of IT standards relating to Telecom (TMForum ETOM, SID etc.) is an asset
Software & Languages:
- React, Type Script
- Java Spring Boot, Java Script, Node JS
- AGILE/DEVOPS Tools (Confluence, JIRA, Jenkins, etc.)
- OS Scripting languages(shell, batch)
- Oracle PL/SQL, SQL – mandatory
- Microsoft SQL Server, Redis an asset
- Ability to work efficiently in virtual teams. Conference calls and video calls are routine, as is handling multiple parallel projects.
- Availability to work occasional weekends and evenings to meet hard deadlines and available to work occasional overnights to take part in deployment activities
- Fast paced, changing working environment