User Experience Designer
As a User Experience Designer in Research and Development, you will be responsible for designing solutions that delight users. The UXD will help ensure that user expectations are met by working closely with our product, sales, and support teams to understand how our clients use our software.
This position requires creative and innovative thinking and the ability to bring new ideas to fruition. The User Experience Designer should have a growth mindset and the ability to solve complex problems relating to our product and consumer usage of the product, taking those into the design. This role will advocate for, and design within, a systems-based methodology that allows for configurability, customization and specialization of re-usable components.
Utilization of interpersonal savvy is required to build and maintain effective relationships within the organization and with our customers.
This position reports to the Director of Product Quality.
- Utilizes design patterns, design principles and concepts when designing
- Works collaboratively with the product team, software engineers and stakeholders from initial strategy to concept
- Presents design and rationale through use cases, storytelling, prototyping and design artifacts
- Accesses understands and utilizes site data and metrics to help validate the success of an implemented design and to inform new solutions
- Incorporates user research into the creation and execution of the design
- Supports user research and testing by attending or facilitating user flow through sessions
- Creates wireframes, sitemaps, process flows, polished visual and interaction designs
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Fluent in the use of Adobe products
- Experience in using an iterative approach to design, through the utilization of agile methodologies
- Experience with human-centred design, design thinking and lean management
- Fluent in user experience design and research methodologies and tools, including user stories, wire-framing, usability testing, and information architecture
- Experienced with online UX and usability testing tools
- Knowledge of Atomic Design principles is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills