Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Treasury Clerk your responsibilities will include:
- Respond to email inquiries from clients
- Receiving incoming telephone calls from clients, handle inquiries and process credit card payments
- Sorting and dealing with incoming mail
- Sorting/preparing cheques for deposits
- Dealing with internal and external inboxes
- Preparation of correspondence to clients to be approved by manager
- Ordering supplies
- Assisting in managing client database
- Attention to detail is critical
- Other duties as assigned and required
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Treasury Clerk? Like the colour purple? Great. Here’s a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- High school diploma, with a university degree and/or college diploma considered an asset
- Minimum 1-year bookkeeping experience and/or bookkeeping training
- Experience in proving excellent client service through a variety of ways including email and telephone.
- Data entry experience is considered an asset
- Possess intermediate/advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel in particular)
- Ability to prioritize and consistently produce high-quality, accurate work in the processing of high volumes of numerical-based transactions within established deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues in a timely, diplomatic and effective manner
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves whenever the need arises!
- Available to work Monday to Friday from 10:00am to 6:30pm (Hours may vary)
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP is committed to employment equity, human rights and respectful workplace principles throughout the life cycle of employment, including at the recruitment and hiring stages. We welcome applications from members of all equity deserving groups, including persons with disabilities, women, racialized and/or Indigenous applicants. Should you require accommodation in relation to the recruitment process, please notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.