Test Engineer – Automation
Are you looking to grow your Quality Engineering skills? Does improving process and quality through technology spark your interest? Does customer satisfaction provide you work satisfaction? If your answer to all of these questions is a “yes” & if you want to be a part of our ever growing Testing Practice in Atlantic Canada, this is your chance!
At CGI, we offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. All CGI employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
- Working as a professional IT consultant in the field of software testing with a geographically distributed team for one of the Big Five (Canadian Banks).
Required Level of Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or Business OR Diploma in IT and/or Business with equivalent IT experience
- Perform requirements analysis and quality risk analysis
- Support creation of Test Strategies & Test Plans
- Develop and maintain test cases, automated scripts, and traceability matrices
- Facilitate the identification and preparation of test data
- Ensure quality processes are followed
- Execute system and integration test scripts
- Detect, log, and retest defects
- Participate and contribute to the Lessons Learned Sessions
- Participate in knowledge transition activities
- Communicate progress of testing activities to the team/test lead or directly to client
- Produce “client” and “internal” status reports
- Maintain a solid understanding of software testing best practices, methodologies, and terminologies
- Coach and mentor other members
- 5+ years of testing experience – Selenium and Java
- Working experience with industry standard test management tools (ex. JIRA, Micro Focus ALM, etc.)
- Working experience with industry standard functional automation test tools (ex. Selenium, Micro Focus UFT, etc.)
- Working experience with industry standard API automation test tools (ex. Smartbear SoapUI, REST-Assured, ParaSoft SOATest, etc.)
- Strong knowledge on Relational Database (RDBMS) concepts and advanced SQL
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact directly with Client Stakeholders, Senior Management, and/or our technology partners
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Requires the ability to build consensus and resolve interpersonal challenges
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
- Demonstrate the ability to provide information and ideas in a clear, comprehensive, concise and organized manner
Nice to Have:
- ISTQB Certified Foundation Level (and/or other industry recognized testing certifications)
- Working experience in Canadian Banking
- Working experience with testing Mainframe (ex. IMS DB, Spufi, File-Aid, Insync, running JCL’s, creating host input files, checking job output/logs)
- TSYS/TS2 experience would be an asset
- Basic knowledge on Zeke/CA7 scheduling
- Working experience with accessibility testing and tools (ex. JAWS, etc.)
- Experience working with industry standard mobile test tools (ex. Perfecto, Appium, etc.)
- Test Case / Script Development
- Functional Testing
- Web Services
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.