Technical Writing Project Manager – REMOTE/Halifax Nova Scotia
Join the ResMed Sleep and Respiratory Care Team today!
ResMed is a global leader in connected devices and digital health. We help millions of people sleep, breathe and live better lives. Are you ready to help fuel our growth? As ResMed continues to evolve with the future of healthcare, our customer-centric organization focuses on cloud-connected devices and digital health technologies that are designed to help treat and manage sleep apnea, COPD, and other chronic respiratory diseases that, together, affect over one billion people worldwide.
If you share a passion for transforming care, keeping people healthy and out of the hospital, and lowering healthcare costs, ResMed invites you to apply to an applicable role (e.g. marketing, sales or product development) within the diverse and talented Sleep and Respiratory Care team.
Let’s talk about the team
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION, BUT MUST LIVE IN A COMMUTABLE DISTANCE TO HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA
ResMed is a global leader in connected devices and digital health. We help millions of people sleep, breathe and live better lives. The Technical Writing team’s goal within ResMed is to provide simple and clear communication to delight our customers and improve patient outcomes.
We collaborate with software development teams across ResMed to produce high-quality technical documentation and localized content for our customers around the world. The people we service include patients, physicians, home medical equipment providers and software developers. Typical content includes user interface text, user guides, and online help, some of which are offered in over 35 languages.
As part of the Technical Writing team, you will be encouraged within a people-focused and supportive culture. We work in a dynamic and agile way, and value the opinion and contribution of each person in the team. Are you ready to help fuel our growth?
Lets Talk about the Role
- Manage technical writing requirements for software releases from concept phase through to launch in accordance with standards and requirements to deliver these products to market in agreed quality and timelines; securing organizational commitment and resources.
- Exhibit strong project leadership to drive end-to-end project delivery.
- Develop feasible and realistic project plans, incorporating evidence-based timelines.
- Complete appropriate risk management.
- Engage all key stakeholders before the project begins to secure buy-in, and maintain strong communication throughout the project life cycle. Key stakeholders include writers, developers, translation agencies, product managers, regional reviewers, UX, Legal team, Privacy representatives, and more. Stakeholders are located across the world in different time zones.
Let’s talk about you
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years’ of related experience
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence
- Strong negotiation skills.
It would be a plus if you have:
- Experience managing global and remote teams.
- Flexibility to accommodate occasional after-hours calls.
- Knowledge of project management software, such as Workfront, Basecamp, Asana, Monday.com and Wrike.
- Experience creating JIRA advanced roadmaps.
- Experience managing Technical Writing deliverables (for example, user interface text, user guides, release notes, help files, closed captioning, or voice-over recordings).
- Familiarity with authoring tools, such as Paligo, Author-it, InDesign, or Photoshop.
- Familiarity with translation management tools, such as Lokalise, Memsource, Smartling, Phrase or Transifex.
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!