Technical Trainer Sr
Specific Job Description
The successful candidate will work within the training team to develop training master plans, training need analyses, and interactive courseware for our naval customers based on their stated training requirements. The focus will be on blended and distance learning courseware with a high level of interactivity and user engagement. Tools used include: Microsoft Office Suite; Storyline 3, Blender, Audacity, Redmine, and some proprietary tools.
- Developing courseware, presentations, demonstrations, practical hands-on leadership, assignments, tests, quizzes, marking and associated administration
- Authoring Qualification Standards, Master Lesson Plans and course schedules
- Conducting Training Needs and Training Media Analyses
- Supporting Computer-Based Training (CBT) activities through data collections, storyboard/scripting, reviews, workshops and other related activities
- Provide support to the Training Continuous Improvement program by adapting and evolving training materials and documentation based on evaluation and validation activities and through regular liaison with technical and development staff.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Experience in Training Needs and Training Media analysis
- Experience in development of instructor-led and eLearning courseware
- Ability to use industry-standard Instructional Systems Design (ISD) tools for courseware development, such as Storyline 3, Adobe Creative Cloud,
- Learning Management Systems, video and audio editing tools.
- Ability to work with Trainer and other technical staff in determining requirements for Trainer adaptation
- Ability to establish a detailed understanding with regards to the various navies’ Training courses/standards.
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 110,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 80 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities.This position is part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area, where employees across Canada support engineering, systems integration, training, sustainment and in-service support programs for Canadian and international military customers across land, air and sea.