Technical Program Delivery Manager
Wattpad is a global multiplatform entertainment company whose vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. Since 2006, we’ve been on a mission to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world. Every month 90 million people around the world spend over 23 billion minutes on Wattpad to share and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else. Our brand banner includes Wattpad, Wattpad Labs, Wattpad Studios, Wattpad Books and Wattpad Brand Partnerships. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Come build the future of entertainment and storytelling, and write your next chapter with us!
We are looking for a Program Delivery Manager who will lead our cross-squad and cross-departmental initiatives. In this new role, your effectiveness will be motivating teams and guiding them through opportunities and challenges with strong planning, transparent communication while fostering a culture of collaboration and accountability. As a skilled program manager, you have overseen large-scale and deeply technical projects and programs. You set measurable goals and objectives; upholding timelines and encouraging inclusivity across the program team. You are decisive in your thoughts and considerate in your approach to encouraging the team’s performance.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will oversee the delivery of programs comprised of multiple cross-functional agile teams
- Teams will look to you to provide clarity around requirements and expectations, you will need to provide guidance that navigates through ambiguity and details a path to success
- You will be responsible for effectively communicating updates, issues, and next steps, as well as coordinating with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure timely delivery
- You will also be relied on to be the trusted leader driven to increase and maintain overall team satisfaction and productivity
- You will help build self-sustaining teams using the appropriate agile methodologies and modify them according to the teams and their needs, through iterative improvement and development
- You will help teams within your program leverage agile concepts, principles, and techniques and identify the need for more in-depth Agile Coaching as appropriate
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of solid Project and/or Program Management experience in an Agile environment
- You have overseen large scale and deeply technical projects and programs
- You have undertaken these projects in a company size of 200+ people, managing timelines and delivery concurrently
- You can work in a fast-paced environment and provide clear direction and communication; you thrive in ambiguity and challenge existing teams to produce their best work
- You are someone that will always look for ways to make teams work better in any way possible
- Computer Science or Technical degree preferred
- Experience honed from a technical or start-up environment
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals
- Health benefits, fully covered on us!
- RRSP Contributions
- Generous vacation and Parental Leave Top-up
- $200/month Transit and Home Office Allowance, choice of hardware, flexible hours, hybrid office and remote work options
- Corporate discount for gym membership for you and your family
- Downtown Halifax, NS location, with easy access to transit
- Summer Fridays with afternoons off!
- And a whole lot more!