Technical Business Systems Analyst (PeopleSoft)
Reference Number: 8890
Department: Corp. Information Technology
Location: Halifax, NS
Type of Employment: Temp, Full Time (Term until September 2023)
Nova Scotia Power’s greatest source of energy is our people. In a culture focused on safety, we’re committed to providing exceptional service to our customers and rewarding jobs to our employees. We’re hiring solution-minded people excited to help us grow into the future. We are currently looking to fill the position of Technical Business Systems Analyst to join our ERP Application Support Team in a full-time term position expected to end in March, 2023.
Under the direction of the Manager, ERP Application Support, the ERP Business Systems Analyst is accountable for implementing, supporting, maintaining and evolving enterprise level computer systems to meet established customer service levels and maintain IT Operations best practices. The ERP Intermediate Business Systems Analyst needs to have the technical ability to support our ERP applications and bring an understanding of application related business processes.
The ERP Intermediate Business Systems Analyst is responsible for day to day application support with a strong focus on PeopleSoft HCM, Payroll for North America and Time and Labour:
- Troubleshoot and resolve application incidents following standard Incident Management procedures;
- Assess, prioritize and complete application requests in a timely and quality manner following standard Request Management procedures;
- Manage application support issues, requests and associated customer communications proactively to completion using standard tracking tools;
- Manage and execute application changes using standard Change Management methodologies;
- Perform proactive application error and health monitoring;
- Support and enforce corporate application security policies and procedures through effective access provisioning and user education;
- Perform audit controls and reporting related to application access and usage;
- Effectively self-manage and re-prioritize work to balance resolution of incidents, request fulfillment, and project work to ensure highest priority issues are addressed and deadlines are met;
- Interact with vendors to resolve application incidents and problems, and research information;
- Work collaboratively and maintain relationships with business partners, system users, peers and vendors;
- Satisfy customer reporting requests through customer education of system functionality or development and execution of reporting, as appropriate;
- Answer customer questions regarding application usage;
- Provide after-hours support by participating in an on-call rotation with the ERP technical support team;
- Complete application system administration requests in a timely and quality manner;
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing business policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, and make recommendations;
- Ensure effective use of application security and controls by communicating application policies, procedures, and practices to the application users;
- Perform project and operational tasks with good overall quality, while being able to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- You will be responsible for your personal safety and that of co-workers by observing all Occupational Health and Safety Rules and Regulations.
Skills, Capabilities and Experience:
The successful candidate will have a University degree or diploma in a computer related discipline and between two and five (2-5) years’ experience in technical client facing support roles, preferably with Oracle ERP Systems. An understanding and experience utilizing best practice information technology incident and request management processes is essential.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Sound ERP Systems support experience for PeopleSoft HCM, Payroll for North America and/or Time and Labor enterprise applications;
- A minimum of two years of strong SQL knowledge;
- Experience with PeopleSoft Application Designer and Application Engine Programing;
- Experience with SQR reporting;
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong report development skills – specifically the ability to effectively confirm requirements, understand data models and build accurate and effective queries and reports;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills: the ability to communicate with end users to determine details of issue being experienced, and to clearly define request requirements;
- Ability to understand and bring experience utilizing information technology incident and request management processes and systems.
The following would be an asset:
- ITIL Foundations training;
- Working knowledge and experience with access security and controls;
- Experience performing proactive IT audit controls;
- Experience satisfying internal and external audit requests for information and evidence.
Reports to: Manager, ERP Application Support
Form of Application: Click the APPLY button at the end of the online job posting. Complete all required information fields and copy and paste your covering letter and resume into the online form.
Salary: To commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Must Be Received By: All interested candidates should apply no later than October 6th, 2021. Late applications may not receive consideration.
Recruitment and Promotion Policy: At Nova Scotia Power we believe that it is powerful when everyone is included.
We strongly encourage applications from equity groups who have been historically underrepresented, including members of the visible minority community (especially those from historic African Nova Scotian communities), Indigenous peoples (especially Mi’kmaq), persons with disabilities, and women in non-traditional roles, as well as members of the LGBTQ+ community.
If you are selected for an interview and require a specific accommodation, please advise our Talent Acquisition team and we will support you with the recruitment process.