Technical Business Analyst
VERB is a digital marketing agency located in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia. Our global clients offer the opportunity to work and collaborate with some of the world’s biggest destinations, resorts, and travel brands—and with our employee travel credit, it’s easy to experience them for yourself. We take a balanced approach to work/life and have fun at the office– or wherever we happen to be working from. We are passionate about exceeding expectations and we thrive on jobs other agencies might find too big, or too difficult, or too fast.
Sound good? Great, here’s who we’re looking for…
We are looking for an accomplished Technical Business Analyst with a proven record of applying strategic needs analysis techniques to uncover technical specifications and requirements. As a Technical Business Analyst you will work with internal and external customers to analyze their needs and align strategic goals. You have a history with web development either as a web developer or you have worked closely developers and Content Management Systems (Drupal, WordPress, Sitecore, Adobe AEM, etc). You understand web development and are excited about where web technologies will go next. You partner your skills in business analysis, communication, and web technology to be the big picture visionary who sees innovative web solutions through to delivery.
In addition to the typical Business Analyst skills, the Technical Business Analyst possesses excellent technology understanding and feels comfortable engaging in technical discussions on a deeper level with both business and technical teams.
What You Will Do
- Define configuration specifications and business analysis requirements
- Author and update internal and external documentation, and formally initiate and deliver technical requirements and documentation
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team
- Collaborate with project sponsors to determine project scope and vision
- Apply business acumen to uncover solutions that address the client’s business needs
- Conduct interviews to gather customer requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements — verbally or through written documentation — to Project Managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood
- Work closely with Project Managers and Account Directors to ensure total service delivery excellence in meeting deadlines, budgets, and quality assurance
- Act as the project expert/product owner who has an intimate understanding of the entire solution
- Translate conceptual customer requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Perform fit-gap analysis as needed, mapping “as-is” and “to-be” process flows
- Produce detailed design documentation and data mapping
- Participate in the QA of developed solutions to ensure features and functions have been built to agreed upon specification
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives within the delivery team
- Act as a client advocate and manage internal communications through the development cycle
- Design and deliver end-user technical documentation and training
- Document processes and techniques for use on future projects
- Understanding of Webservices and API’s, and their working and integration with internal systems
- Must possess at least 5 years of experience with business analyst responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree/equivalent in Business Administration or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience developing requirements, use cases, user stories, etc.
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Suite of products (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket, etc)
- Understanding and administering CMS’s (Familiarity with the Acquia Platform is a bonus)
- Experience illustrating information architecture and user interface mechanisms to facilitate client understanding and buy-in
- Knowledge of project delivery processes including Discover, Definition, Design, Develop, Deploy
- Willingness and attitude to help project teams find workable and pragmatic solutions
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Business Analysis Certificate (ECBA or CPRE or similar certifications), and ITIL V3 Foundation are an asset
Our benefits are anything but basic, with vacation time available on day one (not to mention an extra bonus week during the holidays), an annual travel credit (for non-work related travel), and free office snacks and drinks to keep you energized when you’re around.
In addition, we offer the following and are consistently looking for new ways to enhance the benefits we offer to our team:
- 100% premium share option for Group Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision), with a health spending account to top up your claims
- A healthy living account
- Company matching RRSP program
- Top up for Parental/Pregnancy leave
- Remote and flexible work arrangements
- Transit and fitness discounts
- Recreational sports teams
- Learning and development opportunities with a multitude of resources
- Internal recognition programs