Team Lead – Datastage
The ideal candidates will want to work in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment where he or she works closely with our internal and external clients. The ideal candidate will want to be on the cutting edge of technology, exploring exciting areas of our clients and CGI’s future business while keeping up the standard of being leaders in the industry.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Perform analysis, design, development and testing of various application components on IDR;
- Ability to understand users’ business requirements and translate them to specifications;
- Provide Technical Lead support; produce effort estimates, technical documentation, stay attuned to latest technologies;
- Interface with customers when required;
- Work with the team members located in a different location (i.e. Toronto, India, etc.);
- Overseeing a team of technical developers (onshore and / or offshore).
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 7+ years of application programming and analysis experience required with DataStage v8.5 or higher;
- Broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and application architecture standards required;
- Experience designing, developing and testing applications using proven or emerging technologies;
- Creates and executes development plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements;
- Liaising with the Business to ensure the development team meets business expectations and planning future changes to achieve improvements;
- Provides subject matter expertise and technical direction to the development team;
- Reviews work of development team and responsible for code quality;
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions;
- Resolves critical production issues;
- Responsible of providing business communication;
- Ability to provide coaching to more junior resources..
Required Level of Education (include certifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent work experience.
- Strong consulting and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated leadership;
- Analytical skills;
- Strong team player;
- Customer oriented;
- Excellent written and verbal communications;
- Ability to extract specifications from clients.
- 7 years direct experience working with:
- SQL for DB2 z/OS;
- DataStage v8.5 or higher (must have);
- In depth knowledge of common QA best practices, principles and processes.
- Unix/Linux Scripting;
- In-depth experience transforming system requirements into technical requirement;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with attention to detail and thoroughness;
- Strong teamwork and communication skills, plus a flexible approach to tasks and the working environment;
Other Requirements (e.g. travel, shift work, on-call duty, overtime):
- Occasional overtime required to meet project time lines.
- Application Design
- Application Development
- Systems Analysis
- Data Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.