Reference Number: 10329
Job Title: Systems Specialist, People & Digital
Business Unit: Emera Inc.
Location: Halifax, NS
Type of Employment: Regular, Full Time
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
We are currently looking for a Systems Specialist to join our People & Digital team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Manager, Business Transformation, you will be responsible for strategically supporting a new Talent Acquisition solution within the Human Resources department. You will play a pivotal role in the implementation and future support model for the platform.
As a Systems Specialist, People & Digital you will:
- Maintain the Talent Acquisition solution including system & service level monitoring
- Communicate, engage & educate on the technology solution.
- Configure the system with new functionality based on business requirements and new product enhancements including testing, troubleshooting, the IT change process & break fix as needed
- Explore new opportunities (features, enhancements, modules) to ensure continuous improvement
- Maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and the applicable vendor(s)
- Develop Education & Learning Materials for the system
- Explore new opportunities within the digital solution & drive system adoption
- Continually seek to improve work processes for greater customer experience and efficiency
- Assess new functionality requests and collaborate with stakeholders on Talent Acquisition technology roadmap
- Establish and report on applicable KPI & ROI for the system
- Learn and have an awareness of industry innovation and trends impacting technology and the business solution. Share key insights with internal stakeholders.
You will be responsible for your personal safety and that of co-workers, by observing all Occupational Health and Safety Rules and Regulations.
Skills, Competencies and Experience:
As the ideal candidate you recognize yourself in most of the following competencies, and possess or are working towards the desired skills and experience listed below:
- Highly motivated, energetic, and hands-on professional with strong collaborative skills who can work with diverse team members (both internal and external).
- Passionate about digital and delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Skilled communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Mature and self-confident with the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical capabilities.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage own workload while multi-tasking to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Suite of products.
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in business, computer science, information technology, human resources or another related field.
- 2-5 years’ experience in digital/interactive/mobile including directing the customer experience, preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of technical and development processes considered an asset.
- Ideally an in-depth knowledge of the digital landscape and newly emerging technologies and social platforms.
As the successful candidate you value a diverse workforce that is reflective of your community and support a workplace where everyone feels welcome, respected, and seen.
At Emera Inc., our employees are our greatest strength. Our Leadership Competencies set standards that advance our business strategy, deliver results for customers, and provide career development for employees. As the ideal candidate for this position, you speak up on health, safety, and environment issues, and demonstrate a belief that all injuries are preventable. You support flexibility in the workplace and embrace change. As a Systems Specialist, you build strong collaborative relationships with a commitment to a respectful, inclusive, and productive work environment while demonstrating integrity and a commitment to operational excellence for our customers. Lastly, we encourage you to proactively ask questions and seek information to understand how your work relates to the business goals and make well informed decisions.
Why join Emera?
Emera is one of Atlantic Canada’s largest publicly traded companies, and a North American Top 20 utility. Our ability to serve more customers in more places is thanks to the commitment of our 7,100 employees in Canada, the USA, and the Caribbean. As we develop, we are excited to welcome new team members who are committed to our purpose and our approach to business. Emera values people who believe that safety and health, relationships, and excellence are integral to how we work. In return, we value the diversity of our people and invest in their growth through:
- competitive compensation packages: including a comprehensive pension and benefits plan and employee-sponsored saving plans.
- opportunities for career growth: including a strategic focus on employee development plans, opportunities to advance within and between our affiliate companies, sponsored education programs.
- giving back to communities: including corporate investments in the places where our people live and work; employee dollars-for-doers and fundraising-matching programs, scholarships for children of employees.
Reports to: Manager, Business Transformation
Application Requirement: To apply, please click on the blue ‘APPLY NOW’ button in this job posting, complete all required information fields, and attach your cover letter and resume into one single file to the online form.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Deadline: We encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity but no later than August 5, 2022 Late applications may not receive consideration.
Recruitment and Promotion Policy: When filling vacant positions, we are determined to hire the best candidates available. We are committed to providing employees with a fair and equal opportunity to compete for jobs. Hiring and promotion of employees is based on skills, capabilities, knowledge and demonstrated abilities.
In accordance with Emera’s occupational health and safety program and the Emera Vaccine Program, subject to any approved accommodation, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For clarity, “fully vaccinated” means 14 days since having the number of doses or combination of doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada or local public health agencies in the jurisdiction in which they will be employed.
At Emera we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including persons who identify as racially visible, Indigenous, persons with disabilities, women in underrepresented roles and members of the LGBTQ+ community. Applicants from these equity groups may self-identify through the on-line application process. Emera supports candidates and employees with access and accommodation needs.