Systems Operational Analyst
What is the opportunity?
The System Analyst is responsible for monitoring and supporting all of Royal Bank of Canada’s Midrange environment on a 24/7/365 days a year. As a member of the HPe NonStop Level 1 support group, the Systems Analyst will be accountable for monitoring and providing technical support in event/incident/problem management, escalation, restoration of service, triage and maintain all services pertaining to RBC’s operations environment.
This role will require the Analyst to work effectively in both an independent and team oriented environment. We are RBC’s main production monitoring team for Canadian, USA and international based businesses and functional units including Personal and Commercial Banking (P&CB), Investor & Treasury Services (I&TS), Insurance, Capital Markets (CM), Wealth Management (WM), Technology and Operations (T&O), and Functions. We are also the main telecommunications and client server operations hub for the enterprise.
What will you do?
- Perform technical support and analysis on complex incidents/outages to minimize business impact and promptly restore service within Operational Service
- Levels (OLA’s) and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Monitor HPe system and infrastructure applications from various available monitoring tools
- Escalate any major operational/systems problems to the appropriate 2nd Level support teams, management and key internal and external business partners
- Coordinates requests with IT support teams, identifying, tracking and resolving issues
- Detect, investigate, diagnose and recover anomalies across the production infrastructure
- Perform first level technical support based on the Incident Management Framework
- Allocate resources to ensure equipment & affiliated software is maintained to achieve high productivity at minimum cost.
- Ensure adherence to Change and Incident Management Policies/Procedures with appropriate back out instructions where applicable with respect to Service Level Agreements to our Client Base
- Maintain system level documentation and critical artifacts
- Provides direction, expertise, feedback, coaching and development to build the capability of more junior staff
What do you need to succeed?
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate with people in a wide variety of areas and at various levels from technical specialists to senior managers
- Undergraduate Degree/Diploma preferably in Computer Information Systems or equivalent
- ITIL Foundations, Lean Six-Sigma, A+ Certification, Redhat Certification, required
- Ability to learn and absorb quickly new concepts (in tools and systems), apply new knowledge as appropriate and transfer knowledge to others
- Strong ability to manage expectations with team, management and clients, and deliver on them
- Strong knowledge of Network, Distributed Systems and Console based technologies
- Knowledge of Networking processes and methodologies, Operating Systems (Windows/Unix/AIX/Linux), and/or Mainframe, Tandem/NSK or iSeries Technologies
- Mainframe platform knowledge (TSO/ISPF/VSAM/Endevor/File Aid, Xpediter, SPUFI)
Learn More About RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Entry Level
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 08/31/2021
Platform: Technology and Operations
Req ID: 400480