Systems Engineer Staff-Naval Certification Deputy CPT Lead
Specific Job Description
The Deputy Certification Cross Product Team (CPT) Lead is responsible for the engineering management of the certification program for the combat systems and platform systems of the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC). In addition, the Certification Deputy CPT Lead will support the Certification CPT Lead with engineering changes, overall technical management, requirements derivation, reporting, and business rhythm activities associated with this effort.
The candidate will participate in a wide range of engineering management activities including but not limited to:
- Planning and coordinating the Certification Team’s system engineering activities in support of program initiatives and deliverables
- Managing the coordination, integration, and delivery of Certification Team Sub-Contractor Data Requirements List (SDRL) deliverables
- Managing partner inputs to SDRLs and Classification Society deliverables
- Developing, reviewing, and approving certification-related documents, including System Specific Certification Plans, Technical White papers,
- Engineering Safety Justification Reports, Deviations and Waivers, Test Plans and Reports
- Coordinating the planning, scheduling and delivery of certification related Engineering Change Proposals and related documentation
- Organizing and facilitating Agile/Scrum activities such as sprint planning, backlog tracking and monitoring team sprint performance
- Supporting the management of program risks related to Certification
- Defining and tracking of Technical Performance Metrics (TPMs)
- Prepare and present Certification Team status reports in weekly program and technical integrated team meetings to senior engineering leadership
- Participate in bi-weekly team meetings with shipyard customer.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in software, hardware, systems, mechanical, electrical or electronics engineering or a related discipline
- At least 10 years of experience in a systems engineering environment. (Equivalent experience/combined education will be considered.)
- Experience with systems engineering processes including requirements analysis; derivation and traceability management; system architecture development; configuration management; requirements verification; hardware and software engineering development processes
- Ability to plan, adapt and thrive in a dynamic schedule-driven environment
- Highly effective working in a virtual environment when required
- Good organizational, communication and leadership skills
- Aptitude for solving challenging problems in a team environment.
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 110,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 80 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities.This position is part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area, where employees across Canada support engineering, systems integration, training, sustainment and in-service support programs for Canadian and international military customers across land, air and sea.