Systems Engineer Staff, End User IPT Lead
Specific Job Description
Lockheed Martin is Canadau0027s most successful Combat System Integrator (CSI) specializing in large, sophisticated integration projects. We take advantage of advanced engineering practices and modern technologies to design, develop and integrate combat systems.
We are seeking applicants with exceptional leadership and organizational skills – ideally with recent operational navy experience – to lead our End User Integrated Product Team (IPT). This team is responsible for developing Operability Statements (OPSTATs), which define how Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) compartments will be used and how standard naval evolutions will be executed from the end user’s perspective. These deliverables are a key component in ensuring the CSC design is fit for purpose.
As a member of our team, the successful candidate contributes in two key ways:
- Provide leadership to the End User IPT for CSC Program
- Manage the work associated with the development and promulgation of Operability Statements (OPSTATs).
- Team LeadershipManage a team of staff to support the development and delivery of Operability Statements
- Oversee development and delivery of all OPSTATs
- Create a plan for the development and use of OPSTATs.
- Project ManagementDevelop and oversee the budget for OPSTATs activities as the control account manager
- Manage technical and programmatic risk related to OPSTATs and provide support to the program risk manager where needed
- Coordinate with both internal and external stakeholders as applicable to ensure the creation of high-quality OPSTATs
- Complete all project management activities required to maintain the program business rhythm including financial, technical and general programmatic responsibilities.
- Change Management
- Manage technical and programmatic change related to OPSTATs and End User IPT scope.
- ReportingProvide metrics that can be used to report status to senior management and provide data for addressing future issues
- Provide weekly and monthly status reports at program meetings both internal and external
- Provide detailed reporting on work in progress as it relates to milestones
- Provide real-time feedback to proper authority on significant events, issues or progress to the End User IPT or Systems Engineering (SE) Cross Product Team (CPT) as appropriate.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and training
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Recent naval operational experience
- Ability to understand requirements and operational context as it relates to the end user community on a navy vessel
- Must be a team player with excellent verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the engineering/management staff and personnel assigned to the program
- Must able a lead a team across multiple sites, including the management of any subcontracted support staff
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Canadian secret security clearance.
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 110,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 80 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities.This position is part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area, where employees across Canada support engineering, systems integration, training, sustainment and in-service support programs for Canadian and international military customers across land, air and sea.